Filed Grievance on SUP for Harassment,been harassed since & left upset, then fired!

Hokies

Re: Filed Grievance on SUP for Harassment,been harassed since & left upset, then fire

Thanks, I really appreciate that your willing to help me out. I had heard that another shop steward said that they had 5 pages of info they printed they planned on also using against me. Which at first I thought Facebook, but there isn't anything on my page they could use against me, I have said nothing. So I am assuming its this forum they are viewing. Which they can continue to print away, I know I am right & I will stand my ground. No one should ever be treated the way I have in a workplace. I have my rights to my thoughts, opinions & to state facts to anyone I see fit. =)

As far as twilight employees, I had went to the union office to let them know about these people being moved over right when they transferred, we have 5 from that shift now on ours all brought over within a month & last week they worked another from that shift, which I'm sure they will try & squeeze in there as well. It's not fair or right because they were already sending some of us home before they got transferred.

If/When I do return to work, he will not be a problem for me. The last time he upset me he bragged about it to people around the building, he won't get the satisfaction again. When sups continue to act this way, they should not have a job! If acted the way he did in people's faces I wouldn't have a job at any place of employment.

Thanks so much for your help with this, I really appreciate it. When you email me I will give you my # as well so you can call me if need be.

steward71

Re: Filed Grievance on SUP for Harassment,been harassed since & left upset, then fire

ok just sent you a gmail and they do look at this site all the time. just want to add YOU GO LADY AND STAND YOUR GROUND. THE BA WILL DO THE RIGHT THING, SOMETIMES IT JUST TAKES HIM LONGER TO GET THERE.

ymelord

Did they hire a man to take your place? Get noterized letters from anybody who will be a witness to the discrimination, harassment, and intimidation, and do this fast. If the union doesn't get you back on, with back pay in full, you will have started to build a foundation for what ever is to happen next. There is so much of this at UPS it really pizzes me off. GOOD LUCK

flushingCenterSucks

if i was you i would go talk to the distric attorney, the more people that do this the better..sooner or later someone who is not being paid off by this company will step forward and help ..i was being harassed like you wouldnt believe, and when i filed a grievance, the same thing happened..you would never think that you are actually at a job when your inside ups, its more like a prison camp to me. the managers and supes act like prison guards..call the 800 number and file complaints just so its documented, even though its all kept in house and they will tell you they are going to help, they never do...

Hokies

Two words....." print away" ......I have stated nothing but the truth, if you feel my post is about you or are upset because of, Instead of spreading the word around the work place by printing what I type. Simply contact me. My post was not to hurt anyone nor did I bring forth names or even the hub information at which I work. I simply requested others thoughts on the matter. Which is my right.Thanks,~ Save the trees

steward71

Two words....." print away" ......I have stated nothing but the truth, if you feel my post is about you or are upset because of, Instead of spreading the word around the work place by printing what I type. Simply contact me. My post was not to hurt anyone nor did I bring forth names or even the hub information at which I work. I simply requested others thoughts on the matter. Which is my right.Thanks,~ Save the trees

that is right you did nothing wrong good post.

packageguy

two words....." print away" ......i have stated nothing but the truth, if you feel my post is about you or are upset because of, instead of spreading the word around the work place by printing what i type. Simply contact me. My post was not to hurt anyone nor did i bring forth names or even the hub information at which i work. I simply requested others thoughts on the matter. Which is my right.thanks,~ save the trees

great job, goodluck

Hokies

Thanks, I really appreciate that your willing to help me out. I had heard that another shop steward said that they had 5 pages of info they printed they planned on also using against me. Which at first I thought Facebook, but there isn't anything on my page they could use against me, I have said nothing. So I am assuming its this forum they are viewing. Which they can continue to print away, I know I am right & I will stand my ground. No one should ever be treated the way I have in a workplace. I have my rights to my thoughts, opinions & to state facts to anyone I see fit. =)As far as twilight employees, I had went to the union office to let them know about these people being moved over right when they transferred, we have 5 from that shift now on ours all brought over within a month & last week they worked another from that shift, which I'm sure they will try & squeeze in there as well. It's not fair or right because they were already sending some of us home before they got transferred. If/When I do return to work, he will not be a problem for me. The last time he upset me he bragged about it to people around the building, he won't get the satisfaction again. When sups continue to act this way, they should not have a job! If acted the way he did in people's faces I wouldn't have a job at any place of employment. Thanks so much for your help with this, I really appreciate it. When you email me I will give you my # as well so you can call me if need be.
Apparently someone is upset with me posting" twilight employees" in the above post. When myself & another female were being sent home often because of the move, we were both told to file & that is what we did among several others from that area. Don't read my post & confuse what I said, this isn't about any one person or to be something personal against anyone. It's simply stating what i did, at that time. I have no reason to lie about it or pretend I didn't speak with union. Point being I along with several others seen our jobs in jeopardy & so we all reported it, at the time I barely knew any of your names so it was not a personal attack.

steward71

Apparently someone is upset with me posting" twilight employees" in the above post. When myself & another female were being sent home often because of the move, we were both told to file & that is what we did among several others from that area. Don't read my post & confuse what I said, this isn't about any one person or to be something personal against anyone. It's simply stating what i did, at that time. I have no reason to lie about it or pretend I didn't speak with union. Point being I along with several others seen our jobs in jeopardy & so we all reported it, at the time I barely knew any of your names so it was not a personal attack.[/QUOTE

Very good guess what I told the BA about it as well. Should I go set in time out.

UnconTROLLed

perfection

Hokies,

Yourself and co-workers need to stick together and get a group grievance as someone else mentioned. This is the most effective type when dealing with supervisors who are disrespectful and well, insane...and do not make any attempt to hide it.

Not going to go into details but we have had supervisors moved within the operation due to behaviour like that. You need really well written grievances, signatures from others, dates, times, and what was said. If your BA is not helping you it is probably time to start pushing the issue with your Local president and also whatever other legal avenue until your local recognizes the problem. A quick sit down between BA and the DM should end these issues if your Twi manager does not want to deal with the grievances.

Well, hope it works out and things become semi-peaceful. :)

steward71

Hokies,

Yourself and co-workers need to stick together and get a group grievance as someone else mentioned. This is the most effective type when dealing with supervisors who are disrespectful and well, insane...and do not make any attempt to hide it.

Not going to go into details but we have had supervisors moved within the operation due to behaviour like that. You need really well written grievances, signatures from others, dates, times, and what was said. If your BA is not helping you it is probably time to start pushing the issue with your Local president and also whatever other legal avenue until your local recognizes the problem. A quick sit down between BA and the DM should end these issues if your Twi manager does not want to deal with the grievances.

Well, hope it works out and things become semi-peaceful. :)

Well said Sleeve but that does not work here. It will work if you have the people who are willing to do this and I will if it gets to that point. I may be an ex-steward for the local she is under and may not agree with the BA all of the time, but when something like this happens don't think I will and cannot make a bigger fire for someone who has done nothing wrong. The BA is the pres. of our local and he is addressing the concern of what is happening. It just takes so long here and he does not come into the building to investigate the concerns that have been going on for sometime now. Then you have employee's who Hokies works with that maybe giving management false info. about her. Like come going to a facebook and pulling info. These are the types that like to make fires and then set back and watch them burn. They get thier way buy doing things I will not state here because I'm and will always be better then those who act like this to others they work beside everyday. These are the types that complain about everything and then want to do nothing to stop the bull crap or will only follow the agreement if it fits thier needs. Guess you can call be what you want but what is right is right and what is wrong is wrong and you cannot work with a lie and make it honest. These types of people are not happy with the lives they have and want everyone around them to feel thier pain. If I had to have a facebook account to make me happy or to have friends then just take me out back and shot me in the head.

Go UVA

menotyou

bella amicizia

Your BA sounds exactly like ours. So sad the international refuses to listen to his opponents.

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes

600 packages in 3 hours??? I don't agree with harassment or poor treatment of people, but it seems there is a legitimate problem here.

UnconTROLLed

perfection

Well said Sleeve but that does not work here. It will work if you have the people who are willing to do this and I will if it gets to that point. I may be an ex-steward for the local she is under and may not agree with the BA all of the time, but when something like this happens don't think I will and cannot make a bigger fire for someone who has done nothing wrong. The BA is the pres. of our local and he is addressing the concern of what is happening. It just takes so long here and he does not come into the building to investigate the concerns that have been going on for sometime now. Then you have employee's who Hokies works with that maybe giving management false info. about her. Like come going to a facebook and pulling info. These are the types that like to make fires and then set back and watch them burn. They get thier way buy doing things I will not state here because I'm and will always be better then those who act like this to others they work beside everyday. These are the types that complain about everything and then want to do nothing to stop the bull crap or will only follow the agreement if it fits thier needs. Guess you can call be what you want but what is right is right and what is wrong is wrong and you cannot work with a lie and make it honest. These types of people are not happy with the lives they have and want everyone around them to feel thier pain. If I had to have a facebook account to make me happy or to have friends then just take me out back and shot me in the head.

Go UVA
Fair enough, what I was saying was maybe it was better to go beyond the union grievance route if the local does not care to address them as they should. Understood about the group grievance.

Personally, I never give any information to coworkers (very select few) or management about my life. It makes the job so much easier when you stay out of the politics involved. The only things coworkers and mgmt can dream-up against you are pretty stupid and sophomoric and leaves you smiling more than upset. lol

Hokies

It is sad that people are only out for themselves, or when it benefits them. I have went home several nights to allow someone with less seniority to stay and work, thinking these people were friends, even if some of those don't extend outside of work, it's still a pity that they turn around and stab you in the back & or pretend to be friends among each other while talking about each other like dogs. It's sick really.

So as far as standing together I have a few that are willing, but most are to scare to report things because they are afraid of retaliation. People will complain, rant and rave about situations and talk horribly of supervisors but will not stand up for themselves. Eventually they will reach a breaking point. I myself was never taught to stand back and watch as myself or someone else is harassed. I refuse to be talked to so disrespectfully and I will not allow someone to bully me around or insult me because they feel their status of supervisor allows it.