Finalizing contract/Back pay

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by nystripe96, Mar 8, 2014.

1. nystripe96

nystripe96 Active Member

Whenever the new contract is finally agreed to in all locals do new drivers that recently made book get back pay stemming from the old contract? I understand driver payrate in local 804 is going to start at 18.75 up from 16.10. I made book in January so I'm a bit confused due to the fact my progression will be 3 years to make top rate, yet a new hire will start at 18.75/ 4 yr progression once negotiations are hammered out. I'm currently at 17.25. Should I be receiving back pay eventually? Will I get a pay bump as well?
    Sent using BrownCafe App

2. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Your progression will almost certainly be 4 years. We have talked about this a few times on here. All financials are retroactive to August 1. Driver progression is considered a financial.

3. Bottom rung

Bottom rung Active Member

There is quite a bit of confusion regarding progression. Since we are under an extension of the old contract you should be under three year progression. Moving you to a four year is a violation of federal law as I was told by my BA. There are more threads on here with all the same questions you have.

4. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

If you are hired on or after Aug 1, you would be covered by the provisions of the new contract, which would include the four year progression.

I hear there may be 200 FT driver positions open in 804 very soon.

5. you aint even know it

you aint even know it Well-Known Troll Troll

Ain't gonna happen as you wished.