Finally an Honest SotS Address

FedEx916

Our senior gave his 'State of the Station' address this last week and to summarize he said:

Our expenses are continuing to grow, and our revenue is continuing to fall. With no new business, and free shipping online, what are we supposed to do?

He didn't provide us a fiscal solution. Instead, he said we all need to work on "being the best product we can" for our customers. We need to "bring value to the expense they are paying."

So you are telling me that theres no BUSINESS solution to this problem? We are really as screwed as it seems? ok thank for the info boss!

Guapo

yeah we got the same speech a coupla weeks ago but our SM added..."we will be cutting hours yo 35 no more than 37 per week your insurance is going up plan accordingly" too bad (for us )this company didnt plan ahead

MAKAVELI

Our senior gave his 'State of the Station' address this last week and to summarize he said:

Our expenses are continuing to grow, and our revenue is continuing to fall. With no new business, and free shipping online, what are we supposed to do?

He didn't provide us a fiscal solution. Instead, he said we all need to work on "being the best product we can" for our customers. We need to "bring value to the expense they are paying."

So you are telling me that theres no BUSINESS solution to this problem? We are really as screwed as it seems? ok thank for the info boss!
Your sm along with many are full of Shi t. Express is making money and FedEx as a whole is making $ billions. Don't believe me then check the 4th quarter earnings report. I can't believe people actually believe this bullcrap about FedEx not making money. While you're at it check out how much stock our beloved executives have been cashing in. Wake up sheep!

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Yeah, we had a S.O.t.S meeting lately.
All the same B.S. about rising fuel costs, health ins. costs going up, blah, blah, blah.
The story is always the same, the sky is falling.

!Retired!

Yeah, we had a S.O.t.S meeting lately.
All the same B.S. about rising fuel costs, health ins. costs going up, blah, blah, blah.
The story is always the same, the sky is falling.
All in preparation to tell us there's no raise in October.

StuffItFred

All in preparation to tell us there's no raise in October.

DING DING DING DING DING!!!!! You are correct!

"Earnings were well below anticipated goals and therefore at this time we are unable to give any raises. But, stick with us because in March 2014 we will be able to give more than anticipated raises just as we said we would be doing for Oct 2013."

Sound familiar? LOL it is just more lies and deceit. Nothing new here

El Morado Diablo

Our District Mgr recently paid us a visit and said that Amazon was close to having enough distribution centers to get their orders delivered anywhere in the country in two days. If they decide to move all their shipping with us we would go from 15% understaffed in our district to 30% overstaffed. I'm not sure my co-workers understood the significance of the comment. In the meantime, our district is still on a hiring spree (PT positions, of course).

Our Senior Mgr said only 3500 people have accepted "FedEx's very generous" buyout and is guessing it will force FedEx to layoff 1000+ people like they did a few years ago. It seems to me the only people taking the buyouts are those closest to retirement or those who have found new employment. You can't fault mid-career people for not taking it in hopes their position isn't eliminated given the current job market.

jmeti000

This doesn't make sense, if they are paying an expense then they aren't getting free shipping...so which is it?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Our District Mgr recently paid us a visit and said that Amazon was close to having enough distribution centers to get their orders delivered anywhere in the country in two days. If they decide to move all their shipping with us we would go from 15% understaffed in our district to 30% overstaffed. I'm not sure my co-workers understood the significance of the comment. In the meantime, our district is still on a hiring spree (PT positions, of course).

Our Senior Mgr said only 3500 people have accepted "FedEx's very generous" buyout and is guessing it will force FedEx to layoff 1000+ people like they did a few years ago. It seems to me the only people taking the buyouts are those closest to retirement or those who have found new employment. You can't fault mid-career people for not taking it in hopes their position isn't eliminated given the current job market.

You left out the key word...Ground. I know you get it, but some of the other folks on here won't understand your post otherwise.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

There is no such thing as an honest meeting with management...ever.

El Morado Diablo

You left out the key word...Ground. I know you get it, but some of the other folks on here won't understand your post otherwise.

It's implied, but not 100% accurate. I don't think you can assume Amazon will give all the freight to Ground once they've built all the distribution centers they have planned. Could we lose a great chunk of it to Ground? Yes, of course, with FedEx's blessing. I just thought it was interesting to hear it come out of the mouth from someone above the Sr Mgr level.

One question that was posed was, "How would the taxation of internet sales affect shipping volumes?". The DM said it wouldn't affect them and the legislation was supported by companies like Amazon & Wal-Mart. Why? Because they were big enough to absorb the costs that would hurt smaller retailers.

FedEx916

This doesn't make sense, if they are paying an expense then they aren't getting free shipping...so which is it?

The 'free shipping' that they spoke of wasn't meant to mean that WE are giving free shipping. He made that clear. When these online retailers give a free shipping option, they are definitely not shipping express.