FINALLY filled out an app and...?

mach

So I was finally able to fill out an app for my area; after it was complete, it said that the last step was to set up an appointment. Subsequently it stated, no appointments are available. Is there anything I can do now?

atatbl

Yes. Find out where that location is. Then you need to go there. This is not an uncommon problem. The website needs someone (usually HR) to schedule those appointment times in advance. If they do not do this it does not necessarily mean they are not looking for candidates, it may mean they have neglected to set up the appointment slots.

mach

It looks like the only time they are open for customers is between 3 and 6 PM. Would I have to get there during that 3 hr. window?

mach

Thanks for the help, UpstateNYUPSer. Unfortunately my current job's hours would make that difficult. Would any time in the evening, even if not ideal, still work?

evilleace

If you want the job go on your lunch hour you could go at night it just wouldn't be as successful. Also when I put in my app there were no appointments but a week later I got an e-mail telling me that UPS was hiring and to go online and set up an appointment so that might happen but I would find a way to get down there and talk to someone. If there is one thing I have learned about UPS is that you have to be PERSISTENT!

atatbl

Don't take off work for this though. You can think of something smarter. It will take more work, but it won't cost you time at work.

Find the facility you applied for. See if they have a preload. Check out the building at 6AM on a Tuesday (for example). I know that sounds "inconvenient" but at least you won't have to miss work.

This is just one option, figure something out that will give you an opportunity to gain with out taking a lose. People always say times are tight, but they really are right now.

SFBayUPSer

Persistance, persistance, persistance. I DID get an appointment scheduled when I first applied.... but if it were only that easy.

Scour for a number to call, show up in person, maybe twice a day if you have to.

mach

I began this thread a couple of weeks ago; all of your advice paid off, especially going out to the center and pestering people. Watched videos tonight; start tomorrow!