Finally full time.

Thebrownstreak

So the wait is over. As of Aug 18th I am finally full time. I have been with the company now for a lil over 8 years and was a cover driver for about 6 years. I'm happy that it finally happened, but what bothers me is that they are dragging their feet on getting trained on my new route. Is there a time frame on when I wad officially made full time and when I should be trained. I just hope they aren't trying to pull some BS and say that they will train me after peak. Just looking for any guidance here. Thanks

menotyou

bella amicizia
There is. I will have to look around as I can't remember the particulars. Maybe, JonFrum will chime in, or someone else who knows it off the top of their head.

Congratulations, on the FT status! :)

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It sounds as though you are a FT cover driver. You will have to wait until the next bid cycle for the opportunity to bid on a route, if one is available, unless something happens between now and then. Congrats.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I was made FT in the month of July and had a bid route. Unless he specifically bid a cover job, he has a bid route. It doesn't matter when the cycle starts. It what the bid sheet says when you sign it.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Since we are purely speculating as to what kind of bid he signed, we can't know anything 100%.

Although I have to agree with Upstate, brownsteak is PROBABLY a FT CD, which is what I have been for the last 3 years and for the foreseeable future.

Congrats on going FT.

menotyou

bella amicizia
How often do you bid in your area, superballs(!! Love that name!!). We do every two. We never had FT cover routes, until about 2 months ago. They added two routes, but made them covers.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I was made FT in the month of July and had a bid route. Unless he specifically bid a cover job, he has a bid route. It doesn't matter when the cycle starts. It what the bid sheet says when you sign it.

Since we are purely speculating as to what kind of bid he signed, we can't know anything 100%.

Although I have to agree with Upstate, brownsteak is PROBABLY a FT CD, which is what I have been for the last 3 years and for the foreseeable future.

Congrats on going FT.

I guess he agrees with me, not you.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I could care less. I am glad You, not me hovers here, lurking, waiting with baded breath, until you can finally make that point.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
How often do you bid in your area, superballs(!! Love that name!!). We do every two. We never had FT cover routes, until about 2 months ago. They added two routes, but made them covers.

We bid every year. Maybe I shouldn't say "we", because there's never anything left by the time it comes anywhere near me. We've got probably 15 cover drivers in my center.