Finally full time.

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Thebrownstreak, Sep 23, 2011.

1. Thebrownstreak

Thebrownstreak Active Member

So the wait is over. As of Aug 18th I am finally full time. I have been with the company now for a lil over 8 years and was a cover driver for about 6 years. I'm happy that it finally happened, but what bothers me is that they are dragging their feet on getting trained on my new route. Is there a time frame on when I wad officially made full time and when I should be trained. I just hope they aren't trying to pull some BS and say that they will train me after peak. Just looking for any guidance here. Thanks

2. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

There is. I will have to look around as I can't remember the particulars. Maybe, JonFrum will chime in, or someone else who knows it off the top of their head.

Congratulations, on the FT status! :)

3. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

It sounds as though you are a FT cover driver. You will have to wait until the next bid cycle for the opportunity to bid on a route, if one is available, unless something happens between now and then. Congrats.

4. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

I was made FT in the month of July and had a bid route. Unless he specifically bid a cover job, he has a bid route. It doesn't matter when the cycle starts. It what the bid sheet says when you sign it.

5. superballs63

superballs63 Well-Known Troll Troll

Since we are purely speculating as to what kind of bid he signed, we can't know anything 100%.

Although I have to agree with Upstate, brownsteak is PROBABLY a FT CD, which is what I have been for the last 3 years and for the foreseeable future.

Congrats on going FT.

6. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

How often do you bid in your area, superballs(!! Love that name!!). We do every two. We never had FT cover routes, until about 2 months ago. They added two routes, but made them covers.

7. UpstateNYUPSer

I guess he agrees with me, not you.

8. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

I could care less. I am glad You, not me hovers here, lurking, waiting with baded breath, until you can finally make that point.

9. UpstateNYUPSer

What, no "like" for my clever use of your user name?

10. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

I didn't realize it meant so much to you. My 'likes', I mean.

11. UpstateNYUPSer

It was a dig on your overuse of the "like" function.

12. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

Sounded like begging to me.

13. toonertoo

toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

Do I see progress here? I think we might have a couple new firends.....:wink2:

14. faded jeans

faded jeans just a member

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

15. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

I really like the like button.

Just sayin.

16. over9five

Oh, and I liked that post Upstate!

17. over9five

AND, I liked that Menotyou liked my post about liking likes.

18. over9five

Did you HAVE to add that????

19. UpstateNYUPSer

My half was paid off less than 2 weeks after the wedding.

20. superballs63

superballs63 Well-Known Troll Troll

We bid every year. Maybe I shouldn't say "we", because there's never anything left by the time it comes anywhere near me. We've got probably 15 cover drivers in my center.