Finally full time.

menotyou

bella amicizia
We bid every year. Maybe I shouldn't say "we", because there's never anything left by the time it comes anywhere near me. We've got probably 15 cover drivers in my center.
I can understand. Our last bid wasn't really a bid for me, either. I was on the second to worst route before the bid. All that was left after that bid was the worst route. Main drag USA. Right off the interstate. Not having a choice sucks the big wazoo!!!!

Thebrownstreak

I am being assigned the route. We had a retirement so it went bid bid assign. I'm just curious if they could push this till after peak or not.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I am being assigned the route. We had a retirement so it went bid bid assign. I'm just curious if they could push this till after peak or not.
Here in NE there is a "start" date for the route and start time. If the company does not honor that, file a grievance. Our BA told me years ago we can file if we are not moved onto a start time or route by the bids start date.

menotyou

bella amicizia
My understanding of this is, the bid is hung for two weeks. The end of those two weeks, is the beginning of the new 'bid route' until the next bidding cycle. Your start date would be the Monday following the end of the two week period(when the bid was hung). That was how my seniority was established, even though I didn't get on the truck for another two months. Use that date for your potential grievance. Just talk to your on-car and center manager about it before you file. Make sure you are keeping a notebook of everything that was said and by whom, including any witnesses who are standing around. CYA!! Good luck, Brown Streak!! :)
P.S.- I got the 'assign' out of the bid, bid, assign. Don't worry. Eventually, you will have a choice. :)

Last edited: