Finally had the surgery

sealbasher

I assume you are really can't walk after this operation. How about swimming? You don't have to be michael Phelps, you just do it at your pace . Just threading water might be more exercise than what you are getting. And if you like the pool, it can be fun.

i agree find a pool and tread water,that and swimming the best exercise .

dei8

Hey guys,
thanks for all the ideas, I threw the horizontal by my wife but she said she has a headache. I dont understand why she cant hold down my feet with a headache. Oh well. The pool idea is great, its this damn weather that needs to clear up. We have a pool at our complex, but outside. As for the surgery, I tried everything from orthotics to shots to ice to stretching. Nothing worked. They say surgery is the last resort. So far, no pain from the surgery, but was on crutches for 5 days. No longer on crutches, in a boot, and let me tell you there is some pain. Supposedly it is short term. Will keep you guys updated. Thanks again for the advice

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Where the hell is Dizzee?

DIZZEEEEEE!

WHAAAAAAT?

Oh.. I see now. Did someone post a pic of Fethrs? Did I miss it? Dammit! I've been waiting for some clues of what she looks like. So far this is as close as I've gotten. I believe that's her Moms elbow in this pic. :happy-very:

Dei8, something that hasn't been mentioned yet is food intake. Since you are not working, your calorie needs are lower than normal. Maybe try cutting back some until you are back active to burn them off.
Just a thought.

fethrs

WHAAAAAAT?

Oh.. I see now. Did someone post a pic of Fethrs? Did I miss it? Dammit! I've been waiting for some clues of what she looks like. So far this is as close as I've gotten. I believe that's her Moms elbow in this pic. :happy-very:
You got that right.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Dei8, you didn't mention this so I will ask--are you out of work for 3 weeks or have they offered you light duty during your rehab?

You did mention that they have you in a boot. Is there any way to put additional padding under the incision point so that you can begin to walk? If so, and if doing so does not cause discomfort, perhaps you begin a light walking regimen and gradually build it up to the point where you feel comfortable walking for an extended period, either at your complex or at your local mall.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Dei8, you didn't mention this so I will ask--are you out of work for 3 weeks or have they offered you light duty during your rehab?

You did mention that they have you in a boot. Is there any way to put additional padding under the incision point so that you can begin to walk? If so, and if doing so does not cause discomfort, perhaps you begin a light walking regimen and gradually build it up to the point where you feel comfortable walking for an extended period, either at your complex or at your local mall.
Mall would be good, scenery should be great!:wink2: You could use a walker.

dei8

No light duty, which to be honest Im glad. there is no way I could stand on this all day. Calorie intake is the problem. Its easy to say I will eat right, but for example this morning had chocolate cookies and milk. It was awesome. We as drivers never get to do something like that, except on an occasional weekend. Will power, I have none lol I will be starting a walk program as soon as it feels a bit better, and will do the pool after the stiches come out

No light duty, which to be honest Im glad. there is no way I could stand on this all day. Calorie intake is the problem. Its easy to say I will eat right, but for example this morning had chocolate cookies and milk. It was awesome. We as drivers never get to do something like that, except on an occasional weekend. Will power, I have none lol I will be starting a walk program as soon as it feels a bit better, and will do the pool after the stiches come out
Now you've gone and done it, I have to go to the store and get some double choc chip cookies and some milk. Gee thanks.

I'm wondering if UPS will let me order the next size shorts before I get off comp?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Now you've gone and done it, I have to go to the store and get some double choc chip cookies and some milk. Gee thanks.

I'm wondering if UPS will let me order the next size shorts before I get off comp?
Speaking of being off, how are you doing?

Speaking of being off, how are you doing?
pretty much the same, just waiting on Lib-Mut to approve further treatment.
Both Docs have told me they think the trouble I am having now is because Lib-Mut waited too long to start my initial treatment from the start. They think that waiting two weeks allowed scare tissue to build up, where the therapy would have prevented it.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
pretty much the same, just waiting on Lib-Mut to approve further treatment.
Both Docs have told me they think the trouble I am having now is because Lib-Mut waited too long to start my initial treatment from the start. They think that waiting two weeks allowed scare tissue to build up, where the therapy would have prevented it.
I hope you don't have to wait to much longer.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Hey guys,
thanks for all the ideas, I threw the horizontal by my wife but she said she has a headache. I dont understand why she cant hold down my feet with a headache. Oh well. The pool idea is great, its this damn weather that needs to clear up. We have a pool at our complex, but outside. As for the surgery, I tried everything from orthotics to shots to ice to stretching. Nothing worked. They say surgery is the last resort. So far, no pain from the surgery, but was on crutches for 5 days. No longer on crutches, in a boot, and let me tell you there is some pain. Supposedly it is short term. Will keep you guys updated. Thanks again for the advice
Thanks for the update. Hope it all works out for you. As far as eating goes, I do the same thing. Don't leave me in a house full of food. I say you need to get out in the fresh air and away from the house. Go to the park and walk around a bit. Come home afterwards and take a nap. This will help the time pass. Don't worry about slight weight gain, 10-15lbs, as this will come off after a couple weeks of driving.

That's it, upstate, get him near a food court.:wink2:

dei8

I think I am going to the mall tomorrow to have lunch with the guys, but will try and be healthy. And if I do put on 10 15 pounds, I will def need to go up a size or two on the shorts. The good thing is when I do return, it she be getting hot, so will sweat a few pounds off quickly