Finally had the surgery

raceanoncr

are you able to actually do anything physical? or do you just set around the house?

First month and a half was spent just mostly sitting around. Had total hip replacement in second side. First was last yr. No therapy with this kind of stuff just exercise and walk (with walker, crutches, cane) when possible and as much as you can stand.

Doing more and more. Been lightly golfing almost every week (after Vicadin) but next day suffer for it.

You see, I'm basically lazy (Thanks, Dad, for the genes on THAT one), hence the feeder route for the last 28 years here. Bought new big flat screen before THIS last hip so's I'd have more to enjoy with HD and all the neat stuff, so am I bored? Not yet. Was Jan 5, now May 30. NO! Will be able to take this retirement routine real easy.

Your reason for off? Serious? Be back to work soon?

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
First month and a half was spent just mostly sitting around. Had total hip replacement in second side. First was last yr. No therapy with this kind of stuff just exercise and walk (with walker, crutches, cane) when possible and as much as you can stand.

Doing more and more. Been lightly golfing almost every week (after Vicadin) but next day suffer for it.

You see, I'm basically lazy (Thanks, Dad, for the genes on THAT one), hence the feeder route for the last 28 years here. Bought new big flat screen before THIS last hip so's I'd have more to enjoy with HD and all the neat stuff, so am I bored? Not yet. Was Jan 5, now May 30. NO! Will be able to take this retirement routine real easy.

So you're retired now?

Oh Man oh man, I fear hip replacement my be in my future at some point. I do not look forward to that.

My reason for being off is I strained a muscle in my back in January, was on comp for about six weeks. The Docs and I thought I was just about fully recovered(even did an MMIR), went back to work for three weeks, seemed to be getting a little better everyday. Then one morning was unloading a PT60 with a sat driver and reinjured the back. Now I'm waiting on the insurance to approve tests and treatment....again.
I was thinking very serious of retiring in June, but now I may have to go longer to fulfill the required days worked. I guess we'll see.

2soon4me

I had the plantar surgery 2 years ago and went from a 10.5 to a size 13. They totally released my plantar. Went back to work for thirty days and then retired. Ahh life is good.

2soon4me

I wish I never had it. It was a combo surgery for both plantar fas and mortons neroma. They couldn't release the neroma so they had to take nerves out and I still have pain only different kind of pain.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I wish I never had it. It was a combo surgery for both plantar fas and mortons neroma. They couldn't release the neroma so they had to take nerves out and I still have pain only different kind of pain.
Sorry to hear that 2soon. This is why I'm so resistant to any type of surgery.