Finally made full time driver

sandwich

The resident gearhead
After starting at ups in early 2004, I quickly became a cover driver within about a year. There I sat for years, working 6 days a week and getting sent back to the hub all the time. But finally I just went full time top rate driver. I just recently passed my probation and am very happy. I'm in, I'm top rate and I couldn't be happier. Also as a little kicker when I was going through my probation 2 more people got hired on full time so I have already moved up 2 spots and another cover driver in my center goes full time in a couple weeks so I move up one spot again! That is all.

Anonymous 12

Non active member
After starting at ups in early 2004, I quickly became a cover driver within about a year. There I sat for years, working 6 days a week and getting sent back to the hub all the time. But finally I just went full time top rate driver. I just recently passed my probation and am very happy. I'm in, I'm top rate and I couldn't be happier. Also as a little kicker when I was going through my probation 2 more people got hired on full time so I have already moved up 2 spots and another cover driver in my center goes full time in a couple weeks so I move up one spot again! That is all.
Congratulations. Be safe

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
Good job! I haven't seen a full time package bid in years at my hub. What you should do is go out and buy yourself something kick ass with that big money your making.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Congrats Sammich!

And btw, you don't actually move "up" unless people ahead of you are leaving. You're just ahead of those poor schleps. :D

9.5er

Congrats!
You are doing better than me. I've been full time since 2004. I still only have 1 driver under me. Couldn't tell you how long it has been since we have had a new driver.

Rainman

Its all good.
Take care of your body, use the methods they teach you to take care of yourself. Too many of us old dogs didn't do that and we're paying the price now with unnecessary aches, pains, and injuries.

Sent using BrownCafe App

jaker

trolling
Congrats!
You are doing better than me. I've been full time since 2004. I still only have 1 driver under me. Couldn't tell you how long it has been since we have had a new driver.
That sucks I started FT in 2005 and I got 30 under me now and we are small hub

Indecisi0n

Take care of your body, use the methods they teach you to take care of yourself. Too many of us old dogs didn't do that and we're paying the price now with unnecessary aches, pains, and injuries.

Sent using BrownCafe App

We are going through a mass exit of "old timers " for this very reason. As a noob I have the methods engrained in my head so much everytime I see a senior driver get out of the truck and not use the handrail my natural reaction is to call him out on it. He looks at me and we both laugh.

God bless all you drivers who ran those old 8's without any methods. They are brutal.

Last edited:

PT Car Washer

We are going through a mass exit of "old timers " for this very reason. As a noob I have the methods engrained in my head so much everytime I see a senior driver get out of the truck and not use the handrail my natural reaction is to call him out on it. He looks at me and we both laugh.

God bless all you drivers who ran those old 8's with any methods. They are brutal.
Drove one of the old 8's Friday delivering air.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I drove an old 800 for years. I could have made extra money in the winter plowing snow with that beast. That truck could go through anything.