Finally made full time driver

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by sandwich, Mar 28, 2014.

1. sandwich

sandwich Active Member

After starting at ups in early 2004, I quickly became a cover driver within about a year. There I sat for years, working 6 days a week and getting sent back to the hub all the time. But finally I just went full time top rate driver. I just recently passed my probation and am very happy. I'm in, I'm top rate and I couldn't be happier. Also as a little kicker when I was going through my probation 2 more people got hired on full time so I have already moved up 2 spots and another cover driver in my center goes full time in a couple weeks so I move up one spot again! That is all.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. Anonymous 12

Anonymous 12 Non active member

Congratulations. Be safe

3. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Good deal! Congrats!

4. greengrenades

greengrenades To be the man, you gotta beat the man.

Good job! I haven't seen a full time package bid in years at my hub. What you should do is go out and buy yourself something kick ass with that big money your making.

5. 728ups

728ups offending people on the internet since 1995

congrats!

6. joeboodog

joeboodog good people drink good beer

Good Job! Now the fun really begins

7. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Congrats.

This is why I hate part time cover driver as a position though. Many people getting screwed out of full time jobs.

8. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

Congrats Sammich!

And btw, you don't actually move "up" unless people ahead of you are leaving. You're just ahead of those poor schleps. :D

9. Brownslave688

Force from the bottom up right ;)

10. upsmaninmi

upsmaninmi Member

I'm sorry.

Sent using BrownCafe App

11. 9.5er

9.5er Well-Known Member

Congrats!
    You are doing better than me. I've been full time since 2004. I still only have 1 driver under me. Couldn't tell you how long it has been since we have had a new driver.

12. Island

Island Active Member

RIP: All of your personal and family time and knee cartilage

13. Rainman

Rainman Its all good.

Take care of your body, use the methods they teach you to take care of yourself. Too many of us old dogs didn't do that and we're paying the price now with unnecessary aches, pains, and injuries.

Sent using BrownCafe App

14. jaker

jaker trolling

That sucks I started FT in 2005 and I got 30 under me now and we are small hub

15. ManInBrown

ManInBrown Well-Known Member

Congrats

16. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

We are going through a mass exit of "old timers " for this very reason. As a noob I have the methods engrained in my head so much everytime I see a senior driver get out of the truck and not use the handrail my natural reaction is to call him out on it. He looks at me and we both laugh.

God bless all you drivers who ran those old 8's without any methods. They are brutal.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2014
  17. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Drove one of the old 8's Friday delivering air.

18. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Those old 8's were some of the best packages cars UPS had when they were new. Now they are beat up hunks of junk though.

19. joeboodog

joeboodog good people drink good beer

I drove an old 800 for years. I could have made extra money in the winter plowing snow with that beast. That truck could go through anything.

20. Brownslave688

Small as in? Under 100 under 50 under 300?