Finally won bid on route

rha

I thought I didn't have enough seniority to bid on routes until i started seeing new hires and people with less seniority than me going full time. I feel quit stupid for not bidding on some good routes.

JL 0513

And lots of data?

I have a 6 GB/mo plan :) I got a promotion that was 6 gigs for the price of 2 for as long as I have this phone.

Too much work. If you knew your next 5 like you are supposed to you take a quick look at a map page, and map a route for those stops in about 4.6 seconds. So now I have my next five GTG as you're still typing on your silly little phone.

Those 35 routes were learned out of hunger and desperation to work my first three summers. My usual route as a pup was a 250 plus 500 piece monster. And I am not in a big city, nothing more than 3 stories allows in my hood. Only in the last few years have I gotten away from it.

BTW my map book costs 25 bucks and never needed insurance on it. Even got the center to buy it for me.

Sent using BrownCafe App

You didn't read my previous posts. Barely any typing involved. And whatever map referring I'm doing is on my walks. No time wasted looking at a map in the cab.

Plus, I often look at Google maps as a map, not just navigation. So I often plan numerous stops as you say.

BTW, does your map show your current location where there are no street signs? So if you don't know where you are at a particular point, you have to drive to a street sign. In rural areas, that's a huge waste. I have a handy dandy blue dot noting my exact location which I can refer to my surrounding streets.

I don't mean to argue techniques, but I've tried both and there's no comparison as to what is better. Technology can be a great tool.

JL 0513

I thought I didn't have enough seniority to bid on routes until i started seeing new hires and people with less seniority than me going full time. I feel quit stupid for not bidding on some good routes.

Bidding only takes place once every 2 years, at least in my area (in March). You guys have open bidding year round?

rha

Bidding only takes place once every 2 years, at least in my area (in March). You guys have open bidding year round?
Man bid sheets are going up every other week. I put my name on two last week. We have 11 22.3 about to go up 30 feeders about to come available. I'm just waiting on these bid sheets to go flying up.

rha

I guess they thought that any route is better then running cover for years. Always know where you are going every morning. Don't know what time you will be getting off.
I was thing about cover driving but i figured hell i'll wait because a I know for a fact some full time routes are coming soon. I've
Thats bidding on a job,not a route.
I'm sorry whats the difference?

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
BTW, does your map show your current location where there are no street signs? So if you don't know where you are at a particular point, you have to drive to a street sign. In rural areas, that's a huge waste. I have a handy dandy blue dot noting my exact location which I can refer to my surrounding .

God lord son. If you don't know where you are after your first stop than you're doing it wrong.

Sent using BrownCafe App

I was thing about cover driving but i figured hell i'll wait because a I know for a fact some full time routes are coming soon. I've

I'm sorry whats the difference?
Not sure about how your building bids jobs but in mine you must be a qualified package car driver to bid on a route.