Finally..

AutoZone

BrownPower
So back to the serious talk, I've got about 45 minutes before I go into the hiring interview with the HR manager. (Again, I've been thru this before, this is the one when they tell you when to start). What do you guys think the odds are of getting offered a pc driver off the street like this based on my prior experience in the same hub.... Any of you know anyone that has done this? Should I ever so cleverly mention, "so I hear you're in need of drivers?" Thoughts?

P

pickup

When you work from 7am to 7pm at a full time job... Yes.. In-between my hour drives I managed to sleep maybe 1-2 hours a day... By Thursday I was a walking zombie.. Couldn't keep my eyes open. Now you do that for 4+ years...

If only, you had done it for 4+ 3 more months, you would have already had the driver job.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
So back to the serious talk, I've got about 45 minutes before I go into the hiring interview with the HR manager. (Again, I've been thru this before, this is the one when they tell you when to start). What do you guys think the odds are of getting offered a pc driver off the street like this based on my prior experience in the same hub.... Any of you know anyone that has done this? Should I ever so cleverly mention, "so I hear you're in need of drivers?" Thoughts?
take whatever is offered buddy. the way things are going around here you will be in a pc soon anyways.

AutoZone

BrownPower
Honestly if you're going to get hired as an off the street, it will probably be as a seasonal. You can try it, but I wouldn't get your hopes up.
I wouldn't accept seasonal... Can't give up a $60k a year full time job to be told on January 1st that I'm back to part time only..

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I wouldn't accept seasonal... Can't give up a $60k a year full time job to be told on January 1st that I'm back to part time only..
I'm just throwing it out there. It's a small chance. But who knows, you may get lucky. Either way you have to qualify, would you wanna throw away a 60k a year job and bank on qualifying?