Finish this sentence : I am so thankful that I _____________________________

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I am so thankful that I met UpstateNYUPSer.

Never have I seen a member control the will of moderation to the degree this guy does. Really, he is a mod without the title. Do you mods instantly delete all threads and forum posts that oppose the entity "UpstateNYUPSer"? Are administrations inbox's filled to the brim with messages requesting which posts he would like edited, moved or destroyed?

Obviously, you have not been around BC very long.

In the past, no one came close to having related posts deleted or edited as did tieguy.

The next level down are posts related to TOS and MrFedEx.

Then we get to the next level in which related posts to UpState resides.

The problem is that these deleted/moderated posts violate the Terms Of Service(TOS) that Cheryl has established for this site.

To Upstate's credit, he has never requested moderation related to the goofy posts directed at him - other BC members have.
While UpState doe ask for most of these personal attacks, they still violate the TOS.

And to answer your question, almost all moderated posts happen because a member reported them using the "triangle" shaped icon at the bottom of each posts.
Apparently other members do not like these ad hominem attacks on UpState.

So you can better understand, I will post the TOS again:

The full TOS is here:
Brown Cafe - UPS info for UPSers - Brown Cafe Terms of Service

or you can navigate to it by clicking on the Terms Of Service link at the bottom right of the page.

A commonly provided summary is:
Discussion can be animated, which is fine, but we do not welcome personal attacks, on- or off-board. It is inappropriate to say anything on a discussion board about any individual or entity that you would not be prepared to say to them face-to-face.

It is fine to disagree with a different viewpoint, but please limit this to challenging the idea and not make your comments a personal challenge or make derogatory personal comments about individuals or their choices or circumstances, which disparage their ideas, their occupation or their situation. The latter is considered to be a flame and will not be tolerated.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, insulting, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.

article22

Banned
Obviously, you have not been around BC very long.

In the past, no one came close to having related posts deleted or edited as did tieguy.

The next level down are posts related to TOS and MrFedEx.

all i do is post the name of a game and i get my rep taking away?? im not going to lose sleep over it but cmon

Then we get to the next level in which related posts to UpState resides.

The problem is that these deleted/moderated posts violate the Terms Of Service(TOS) that Cheryl has established for this site.

To Upstate's credit, he has never requested moderation related to the goofy posts directed at him - other BC members have.
While UpState doe ask for most of these personal attacks, they still violate the TOS.

And to answer your question, almost all moderated posts happen because a member reported them using the "triangle" shaped icon at the bottom of each posts.
Apparently other members do not like these ad hominem attacks on UpState.

So you can better understand, I will post the TOS again:

The full TOS is here:
Brown Cafe - UPS info for UPSers - Brown Cafe Terms of Service

or you can navigate to it by clicking on the Terms Of Service link at the bottom right of the page.

A commonly provided summary is:
Discussion can be animated, which is fine, but we do not welcome personal attacks, on- or off-board. It is inappropriate to say anything on a discussion board about any individual or entity that you would not be prepared to say to them face-to-face.

It is fine to disagree with a different viewpoint, but please limit this to challenging the idea and not make your comments a personal challenge or make derogatory personal comments about individuals or their choices or circumstances, which disparage their ideas, their occupation or their situation. The latter is considered to be a flame and will not be tolerated.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, insulting, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
all i do is post the name of a game and i get my rep taken away? cmon? im not gonna lost sleep over it but......

Perhaps a bit more information would help others understand what you are talking about.

In case you think that moderation results in loss of rep points, that is not the case.

Buck Fifty

Perhaps a bit more information would help others understand what you are talking about.

In case you think that moderation results in loss of rep points, that is not the case.

This is true, I have had 4 post deleted and lost no rep. I'm so thankful for that . NOT

[video=youtube;5RAQXg0IdfI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RAQXg0IdfI[/video]

gorilla75jdw

@Dracula , dude I whole heartedly understand what your sayn about telematics , I have been in the office with package and feeder drivers countless times . From seatbelts to tachometers and bulkhead doors to pulling over to piss . I have seen pictures from SPACE . I swear , Im not bragging , nor am I untouchable , I know the eye is in the sky , or right around the corner . The snake is in the grass , these folkes (management,full-time sups AND HOURLIES, not to mention UNION STEWARDS ) , will cut your feet out from under you so quick and without regard for you or your FAMILY . What kills me is it (IT being : a conscious thought pattern , that ratting/snitching) seems as if its just O.K. to sell out your fellow brother or sister . Dont get me wrong , If you are stealing from the company ( stealing , as in a parcel ) , Im not a snitch , but you get what you should get (karma) . Im just fortunate enough to be sitting in a job that is secure ,protected,has golden benefits and the ability to move up in pay or ride the wave out in my classification to paradise . Im thankful to the brothers and sisters that have fought the fight decades ago that allowed me and my fellow TEAMSTERS to make a healthy living and support my family honestly . I only wish this new generation of kids (18 to 25) would understand this job early on is an investment into something that most blue collar people could only dream of . Yes its heard work , unloading /loading/picking off those packages in 110 degree heat with dust caking to you , all of us old heads have been there , done it and really got the T-shirt. Stick with it thundersnapper , if your not going to go to college , $100.000.00 as a truck driver is attainable with U.P.S. .

anonymous4

Stick with it thundersnapper , if your not going to go to college , $100.000.00 as a truck driver is attainable with U.P.S. .

According to a growing number UPS is going down the toilet and US Ground won't be around in 25 years. I disagree but who knows? Big changes need to happen in the union membership over the next decade or things will only continue to dissolve.