finished my interview, what now?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Sweetheart, I'll be equal to your position in less than a year of hard work. Although I have kissed no ass, you, with your vast experience and large beltline, may spell it any way you so desire.

How about we make a deal - you ignore my posts, and I will continue to give yours the credit they deserve?

Sunshine, I have 19 years in and, guess what--you are not the only one here who went to college. 2 Associates, 1 Bachelors and 9 hours towards a Masters. Was unable to find work in my career field and a chance phone call brought me here.

I admire your enthusiam but find your methods to be self-serving. Yours will be a lonely career if you continue to step over everyone to get what it is you want to get out of this job.

You have absolutely no clue what it is we do out here day after day. Saturday air is a walk in the park and you should not base what we do upon that.

K.A., good luck to you.

BTW, I can't ignore your posts--they are simply too funny and self-serving for me to ignore.

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

BTW, Sunshine, there is no separate locker room for "Fast Burners" so you will indeed have to change with the rest of us lowly peasants.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
Sunshine, I have 19 years in and, guess what--you are not the only one here who went to college.

Who ever said I went to college?

I admire your enthusiam but find your methods to be self-serving.

Self Serving? Now if that is not a blinding statement of the obvious. Duh? What should I be working this hard for? It's a job, and, simply a tool to provide for my real life (everything outside of my job). Since my job is simply an interuption of my real life, of course I do it to provide for me ("me" includes those in my family). What job isn't self serving?

You are saying you work for, what, the good of humanity?

Fishbulb

i received the same feeling from a lot of the older drivers becuase i was hired from outside during peak season & was 1 of 2 people that made the cut in my center. Just worry about your job, 90% of the old guys there are just bitter from working at UPS too long & life in general so friend* them.

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
i received the same feeling from a lot of the older drivers becuase i was hired from outside during peak season & was 1 of 2 people that made the cut in my center. Just worry about your job, 90% of the old guys there are just bitter from working at UPS too long & life in general so friend* them.

Listening to a few of the posters here, uh, excuse me....cough, cough, upstateny...cough, cough, I pretty much figured that out, thanks.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Sweetheart, I'll be equal to your position in less than a year of hard work. Although I have kissed no ass, you, with your vast experience and large beltline, may spell it any way you so desire.

How about we make a deal - you ignore my posts, and I will continue to give yours the credit they deserve?
OUCH !!!!!!!!

Lobofan5

While I have always enjoyed BBAG's posts..I have to say that In my 3+ years at UPS and in my first Union Job ever... this is what I have learned about UPS and 'promotion"

1. There are two tracks you can take at UPS. Management or Union.

Management--everything BBAG's has said applies..you can work hard and get promoted..everything you do CAN push you ahead IF and only IF you are really good and better than the next guy.

Union-- Everyone gets the same chance at everything. All people will eventually get the CHANCE to do something as long as they have come to work enough, breathe in and out, more than the next guy..they will get the chance to do a job and then have to prove they can do it.

So BBAG...you can make as great of an impression as you can on everyone in a suit..but untell you have put the time required in...you aren't getting in front of anyone in line ahead of you.

Sad but true.

drewed

Shankman
While I have always enjoyed BBAG's posts..I have to say that In my 3+ years at UPS and in my first Union Job ever... this is what I have learned about UPS and 'promotion"

1. There are two tracks you can take at UPS. Management or Union.

Management--everything BBAG's has said applies..you can work hard and get promoted..everything you do CAN push you ahead IF and only IF you are really good and better than the next guy.

Union-- Everyone gets the same chance at everything. All people will eventually get the CHANCE to do something as long as they have come to work enough, breathe in and out, more than the next guy..they will get the chance to do a job and then have to prove they can do it.

So BBAG...you can make as great of an impression as you can on everyone in a suit..but untell you have put the time required in...you aren't getting in front of anyone in line ahead of you.

Sad but true.

Its not sad, its the system he wants to work in; he just wants to swim with the halibut and sea bass while hes still a guppy remember dont get eaten! :)

DeputyDip

Backwoods Hillbilly
ok, what do you think of this, i interviewed for PT load/unload, i was told to go ahead a quit my current job because there was a 2 week wait on the position. what do yall think?
Unless you're working at Scotty's Shake Shack and can find another job to pay your bills, I would stay where you are until BB says sign here.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yeah, you're probably right. I guess I'm not going to get anywhere by using the tact I'm using. Maybe I'll chill out.

Relax--I'm just having fun with you. Truth is, I admire your enthusiam and positive attitude. I too have these but try to temper them while at work. I go in, give 110% (sorry NE--it's just a cliche), punch out, get paid every Friday. I take care of my customers, I help out whenever I can, and I can truthfully say that I am very good at what I do.

I have actually submitted 2 letters of intent but both were during hiring freezes and now, with 19 years, it would make little or no sense to pursure mgt. Besides, when I see all of the BS that my mgt team has to go through, I will stay right where I am, thank you very much. I know that I have the ability to do just about every job in the bldg, to include on car and dispatch sup and, with some experience, center manager. However, I am satisfied with my job and the wage and benefit pkg have allowed me to put 2 kids through college and I know that I have a secure retirement waiting for me in 11 years.

BBAG, I was simply having fun at your expense. Don't lose your enthusiam and positive attitude. I do hope everything works out well for you. Dave.

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
Tomorrow, when I go in, I'll tell HR and my Div Mngr that I will decline the INTEGRAD training they have me scheduled for in August. I'll tell them "But the smart people on the board said it was wrong". I'm sure they will understand.

I'm driving full time in August.

Now, there are a few people on this board I respect, admire, and appreciate. They know who they are, as we have had private messages, IMs, chats off the board, and one of my favorite suggestions was to take the high road with the bitter old timers, not to stoop to their level of negativity.

So I won't tell you the size of the smile on my face right this second; I won't tell you how I am giggling like a schoolgirl at the above. And I won't tell you I told you so.

I most CERTAINLY would never take the low road & say "David, with this big smile on my face, kiss my hairy UPS TRUCK-driving ASS!"

Oh, and it is over a month. 32 days to be exact.

And Drewed? How can you breath with your nose so far up NYS's Butt?

SWISH!

bellesotico

BOXstar
Tomorrow, when I go in, I'll tell HR and my Div Mngr that I will decline the INTEGRAD training they have me scheduled for in August. I'll tell them "But the smart people on the board said it was wrong". I'm sure they will understand.

I'm driving full time in August.

Now, there are a few people on this board I respect, admire, and appreciate. They know who they are, as we have had private messages, IMs, chats off the board, and one of my favorite suggestions was to take the high road with the bitter old timers, not to stoop to their level of negativity.

So I won't tell you the size of the smile on my face right this second; I won't tell you how I am giggling like a schoolgirl at the above. And I won't tell you I told you so.

I most CERTAINLY would never take the low road & say "David, with this big smile on my face, kiss my hairy UPS TRUCK-driving ASS!"

SWISH!

CONGRATS BBAG! That is fantastic!!!
I had a feeling something was up..LOL!!
The fast track is somethin special..and so I assume you will be drivin somethin special..

Did you order this? --->
ups_pimped.jpg

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
CONGRATS BBAG! That is fantastic!!!
I had a feeling something was up..LOL!!
The fast track is somethin special..and so I assume you will be drivin somethin special..

Did you order this? --->
ups_pimped.jpg

Thanks, Belle - It is greatly appreciated, as well as your attitude since I met you here.

However, I must post an apology - I promised to take the high-road, so saying "swish" at the end of my post was simply wrong.

What I meant to say to NYS / Drewed was OWNED, GAME OVER, TURN OUT THE LIGHTS WHEN YA LEAVE, You're AWFUL QUIET NOW aren't ya?, TWO POINTS, THE FAT LADY HAS SUNG, and LADY'S & GENTLEMAN, ELVIS HAS LEFT THE BUILDING.