Finished my third week

UrFellowUpser

This job is starting to change my outlook on life and not so much in a positive way. Its been my third day in a row finishing at 830 pm ever since they upped my stop count by 30 stops after having a good week last week. Sometimes i just dont know and peak hasnt even started yet at my hub. I can already tell this job is effecting my home life. I dont even want to be bothered by my own wife and kids.

Browntown2014

This job is starting to change my outlook on life and not so much in a positive way. Its been my third day in a row finishing at 830 pm ever since they upped my stop count by 30 stops after having a good week last week. Sometimes i just dont know and peak hasnt even started yet at my hub. I can already tell this job is effecting my home life. I dont even want to be bothered by my own wife and kids.
Lol

Indecisi0n

Plenty of guys on here will help your wife with some extra attention.

upsgrunt

You're in a place we have all been to, and it ain't a nice place to be.
All you can do is hang in there and fight through it. It will never be close to perfect, but it does get better with repetition and experience, and hopefully you have an understanding wife and kids to realize what you are sacrificing for them.
If you can get your wife to talk to the wife of another longer tenure driver it might help her to understand what is happening, and what she should expect in the future.
If I can do this 30 years, anybody can "make" it.
Good luck!

UrFellowUpser

I got this new crappy preloader. Crap been falling all over the truck all day and these bulk stops are killing me. It be like one stop and 25 pieces and what not

UrFellowUpser

Never worked this hard in my life and they monitor every little thing i do. Crying about back first exemptions, backing distance, following orion which is :censored2:ed up and whatever magical numbers they come up with

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Pfft, 3 weeks, try 30 years like some of these guys. If you can't adapt to this lifestyle, you need to find another job. I'd suggest sitting down with your wife and discussing the pros and cons and get her on the same page. You don't want to wake up 5-10 years from now and your family is in shambles because everyone was "trying to put up with it" for the last 5-10 years.

PT Car Washer

Never worked this hard in my life and they monitor every little thing i do. Crying about back first exemptions, backing distance, following orion which is :censored2:ed up and whatever magical numbers they come up with
Look around in the morning at all the fat middle age package car drivers. Do you think they work harder then you everyday? No, they just work smarter.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I just like order in what i do i think im struggling with that at the monment
Most people with a work ethic and a sense of urgency are like that. The problem is you don't control load quality, load amounts, dispatch area, made up numbers they try and hold you accountable to, among many other things. Back in the day the company was more concerned with service, now they are more concerned with profits.