Fire at Commerce City Hub in Denver

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by brown67, Jul 9, 2009.

1. brown67

brown67 Active Member

Anyone know what caused the fire at the hub last night? I had just gone in and got my bypass trailer number for the rail yard. Looking for an empty to take over when alarms go off and everyone starts to evacuate the building. Thought it was a drill until I saw the smoke pouring out of the dock doors near the feeder dept.

Police cars, fire trucks, ambulance all show up soon after. Quit a show. I was able to sneak out without an empty to the rail yard and get my trailer and head back to my center. I was lucky, because with dispatch closed no one could go in or out.

2. SanDiego619

SanDiego619 New Member

Not sure...but it's sure slow in California... I had to go home today :0( No work!

3. cachsux

cachsux Wah

I`ve been through three big fires,two were because of exploding boxes,the third was to morons playing with a leaking package and a lighter.

4. raceanoncr

raceanoncr Well-Known Member

Uh...and THIS is unusual?

5. JonFrum

JonFrum Member

A notice was posted on the Feeder bulletin board several days ago that rear trailer lights get very hot and may ignite dock cushions if the lights are on and in contact with the cushions long enough.

Don't know if this has anything to do with the Commerce City Hub fire though.

6. alexfo7o

alexfo7o New Member

What is your Home Center? I am in the Montrose center!

7. alexfo7o

alexfo7o New Member

Did the employee's get fired?