Fire at Riviera Beach building

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Don't panic! All of our customers packages have not been affected. operations for perfect service Monday are in place!

oh btw, no one was hurt and were pretty sure everyone made it out of the bldg ok

Catatonic

Nine Lives
POST #5
I work preload there and know that the 300 main belt caught on fire destroying three package cars. No person nor packages were damaged! They held is in the parking lot for almost two hours and gave us lots of donuts till the fire chief cleared the building for us. They brought in all the drivers to help us loaders since we started two hours late. Damn building still stunk after they cleared us for entry.

Did everyone just miss post #5?

It does specifically state that the fire did not start in the PC from a hot-wired radio. Therefore the usual gossip and bashing can continue ... that's much more fun.

Floridacargocat

POST #5

It does specifically state that the fire did not start in the PC from a hot-wired radio. Therefore the usual gossip and bashing can continue ... that's much more fun.
Suggest to wait for the results of the investigation. I did have a look at one of the affected cars, and the picture was interesting. But I did not see all the affected cars.
Am still expecting a wide-ranging review of compliance/non-compliance with additional equipment in the drivers compartment as well as the package compartment.
Am also interested to hear something about combustion products of fibreglass after such a conflagration. Maybe MSDS's of fibreglass could reveal something. so far no luck.
No info is yet available if one of the belts (bottom, middle, return) have been affected, which could give a clue.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
it was a hotwire of the battery installed by the driver ,,20 plus yr driver,, he was terminated,,, hope he gets his job back,, it was a honest error,,

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

it was a hotwire of the battery installed by the driver ,,20 plus yr driver,, he was terminated,,, hope he gets his job back,, it was a honest error,,

You are kidding, right? Hope he gets his job back, it was an honest error? Modifying UPS equipment without authorization which unfortunately caused a fire which destroyed UPS equipment and you hope he gets his job back, it was an honest error. He should be grateful they don't come after him monetarily for the damage that his modification caused.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

A shame he's a good driver and a nice guy.:sad-very: Hopefully he will make it back.

Hello--he destroyed 3 package cars with his unauthorized modification of his pkg car! As I said above, he should be grateful they don't come after him monetarily.

Nice people may finish last but stupid people are asked to leave the race early.

Johney

You are kidding, right? Hope he gets his job back, it was an honest error? Modifying UPS equipment without authorization which unfortunately caused a fire which destroyed UPS equipment and you hope he gets his job back, it was an honest error. He should be grateful they don't come after him monetarily for the damage that his modification caused.
From what I heard it was not a permanent modification. Something that can be disconnected easily. So did he forget to unhook it or did someone else hook it back up??? As far as going after monetary damages although this maybe possible, I've never heard of them going after thieves for reimbursement of things they have stolen. I know this may be a different circumstance but still.

Johney

Hello--he destroyed 3 package cars with his unauthorized modification of his pkg car! As I said above, he should be grateful they don't come after him monetarily.

Nice people may finish last but stupid people are asked to leave the race early.
Only 2 pc's I think they got one back on the road.(not 100% sure on that though)