Fire at Riviera Beach building

I'm not sure what Robbdogg means.I know the trucks were on the 300 belt and that after they removed the burned vehicles they continued to use that belt. There was no damage to any parts to the bldg as far as I know and from who I've spoke with no one has said anything about the building being damaged. Soot on the roof was the most I saw.
Well, I obviously only know what I read on here(about this fire), Robbdogg was the first to post that they work in that building (I think).
Your management may be way different than the ones I have worked with over the years but from my experience, any "investigation" done by management has to be believed with great caution.

As far as the illegal wire job on the radio shorting out goes, all I can say is those had be some damn large gauge wires and connector clips.

Johney

Well, I obviously only know what I read on here(about this fire), Robbdogg was the first to post that they work in that building (I think).
Your management may be way different than the ones I have worked with over the years but from my experience, any "investigation" done by management has to be believed with great caution.Yes there is a great group of managers here(I know it's hard to believe) as we have had our share of ...well lets just say :devil3: in the past. I can't tell you who did the final investigation or who decided to fire the driver for this so I won't even comment on it. I know he was a good guy/driver and it was a hard thing for them to do.

As far as the illegal wire job on the radio shorting out goes, all I can say is those had be some damn large gauge wires and connector clips.I agree.

greeny

i had a trailer for them mon. morning.building smelled real bad.fire was fri. night they said if it had happened sat. no telling how bad it might have been.i heard employee was canned, from a very reliable source.

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer

As far as the illegal wire job on the radio shorting out goes, all I can say is those had be some damn large gauge wires and connector clips....

Have you ever worked on your car / car battery, and by accident touched the positive terminal to ground? Spectacular results. Vaporizes a good 1/4 inch of whatever tool you are using. Any wire, any gauge, if if grounds and does not have a fuse, you WILL have a fire.

Had an old 914 when I was a kid that I drove. Had those old-style VW fuses that kept blowing. I had a big date, on the way to pick her up, another fuse blew, I just jammed the spot with the tin from my cig pack.

Had a nice dinner. Suffice it to say that really hot girls are not impressed when your car catches fire. No 2nd date. No more car.

Have you ever worked on your car / car battery, and by accident touched the positive terminal to ground? Spectacular results. Vaporizes a good 1/4 inch of whatever tool you are using. Any wire, any gauge, if if grounds and does not have a fuse, you WILL have a fire.
Not true, a smaller gauge wire will simply burn in two, breaking the circuit and eliminating the short.
From 1967 to 1983 I earned my living as a mechanic, five of those years as a fleet mech for a national company and I also have a degree in service electronics.
Although I will agree that operating any accessory on a vehicle without a proper fuse is asking for trouble. A fuse is basically a very small gauge wire.

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
Not true, a smaller gauge wire will simply burn in two, breaking the circuit and eliminating the short.
From 1967 to 1983 I earned my living as a mechanic, five of those years as a fleet mech for a national company and I also have a degree in service electronics.
Although I will agree that operating any accessory on a vehicle without a proper fuse is asking for trouble. A fuse is basically a very small gauge wire.

Like a fusable link, yes, I know. You probably have your ASE cert as well as I do. I was making a generalization - I apologize.

Trying an experiment here - please disregard if you can-

The Sky Is Blue.

Dagoof

The new trucks have battery lugs under the dash you can buy a cig lighter with clamps that you can remove every night no wiring needed play your radio charge you phone run you blender make some margaritas on the hot days.
Non alcoholic of course and only on your lunch brake and dont run your batt dead.