Fired Because Supervisor was having a bad day

SquirrelBoggie

Naw, it's easier to pull your ID out of your wallet, hand it to him, say "In case you need to spell my name on the back pay check since you're firing me" make sure another hourly was witness to him telling you you're fired, walk out, call your business agent. Money says if you show him you're serious, he'd pull you back in before you got 10 feet away. That's how you punk a punk.
That's what the guy on our belt said. He's been fired every year and comes back like it ain't nothin. We call him the Teflon Don, he got fired for hiding a supervisor's clipboard one year, even though he's a bad influence his been telling me the exact same thing you guys are telling me.

browntroll

That's what the guy on our belt said. He's been fired every year and comes back like it ain't nothin. We call him the Teflon Don, he got fired for hiding a supervisor's clipboard one year, even though he's a bad influence his been telling me the exact same thing you guys are telling me.
you can get fired for hiding a clipboard? i should probably stop doing that then. never been fired for turning off the belt but i have been
yelled at for it which i just yell back at them. my hub takes bulk on belts a little more serious they do try to find out who sent the piece up
the belts instead of getting mad at me for pulling it off when i do. enjoy your days off and remember to talk to a BA or go to ur local union hall.

AKCoverMan

Hey brother I've heard it said that your nobody in this company until you've been fired at least once!

Let us know the rest of the story as it plays out. My guess is, not so well for FT Stupe Supe.

Keeping a good thought for you. It'll work out.

SquirrelBoggie

He didn't get a chance to even speak, the full time sup just was going psycho, as soon as he saw the sup in psycho mode he walked me out and gavee the number to the head Union guy

ski or die

Ski or Die
Once, while in a meeting with our manager and a supervisor and a hourly in our office, the supervisor lost control and fired the employee. The employee grabbed their personal items and headed for the guard shack. The manager told me to go get the employee and bring her back. I told her that I did not fire her and I wasn't worried because I would make sure she got her job with back pay. The manager called the guard shack and had her stopped until the manager could quickly run to the shack. The employee finished her day, no loss of pay or discipline. But the supervisor was pretty low key after that skirmish for quite awhile. The power goes to their head every once in awhile.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
He didn't get a chance to even speak, the full time sup just was going psycho, as soon as he saw the sup in psycho mode he walked me out and gavee the number to the head Union guy
And that guy can act psycho to. Sometimes its not a bad idea to put the fear of god into a supe if you do it the right way. I asked the last center manager a question 1 day, i was like let me ask you a serious question dude and im not trying to be funny about it. I said are there certain drivers in here that you just fear would totally go bizerk and are total nut jobs you guys just wouldnt mess with? He said yup absolutely, i think every center has a small list of drivers they fear cause they are just crazy and would probably kill somebody if they lost it lol. Just funny to hear it from him cause he was a pretty cool dude for most part lol.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
even though I am not a steward , I would of stepped in and tried to diffuse the situation.

if everything you say here is true , I hope you get your job back. if I was the steward who walked you out of there , I would go back to that supervisor a couple days later and ask him " do you really want to fire a 13 year employee with no prior problems?" things are all cooled off by now. he will probably want you back to work and apologize if he is any kind of man.

maybe a good steward can chime in and tell you if you can file for back wages and anything else.

please keep us up to date.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Once, while in a meeting with our manager and a supervisor and a hourly in our office, the supervisor lost control and fired the employee. The employee grabbed their personal items and headed for the guard shack. The manager told me to go get the employee and bring her back. I told her that I did not fire her and I wasn't worried because I would make sure she got her job with back pay. The manager called the guard shack and had her stopped until the manager could quickly run to the shack. The employee finished her day, no loss of pay or discipline. But the supervisor was pretty low key after that skirmish for quite awhile. The power goes to their head every once in awhile.
that's what I am trying to say. a good stew in this guys situation should of diffused the situation normally before it got out of control.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
And that guy can act psycho to. Sometimes its not a bad idea to put the fear of god into a supe if you do it the right way. I asked the last center manager a question 1 day, i was like let me ask you a serious question dude and im not trying to be funny about it. I said are there certain drivers in here that you just fear would totally go bizerk and are total nut jobs you guys just wouldnt mess with? He said yup absolutely, i think every center has a small list of drivers they fear cause they are just crazy and would probably kill somebody if they lost it lol. Just funny to hear it from him cause he was a pretty cool dude for most part lol.
years ago an old timer gave me this advice. he said everyone has to use what they have to have a hole card with dealing with power crazy supes, whether it is the race card, the gender card, the minority card, the crazy card, etc etc etc.

it does work but its sad that it does work.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I seriously don't understand...why post half the story? Either tell it like it is....or keep it to yourself. But nobody gets fired for turning off a belt...even if you were instructed not to...and after 13 years...you should know that.

SquirrelBoggie

There's nothing more to the story, you can ask anybody in our hub. The supervisor was pissed cause they was the only full time super their that day, I just feel the supervisor wanted to pick on me.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
There's nothing more to the story, you can ask anybody in our hub. The supervisor was :censored2: cause they was the only full time super their that day, I just feel the supervisor wanted to pick on me.
How would anyone else in your hub know what was said between the two of you? When you turned off the belt the second time...did you explain that it was because of a safety concern? You cannot be summarily fired for not WAD.