Fired Because Supervisor was having a bad day

SquirrelBoggie

Got the job back. Glad I had proof, and witness testimony, these hearings are something else, I never witnessed anything like this. I always heard about them but this was something, me and the supervisor talked it out

OPTION3

While it was nice to have them there you did not need the Union for this one, which was clearly an unjust termination.
......what a load.......chyeah because the company treated him soon good to begin with....OP just remember what your 13 years of service got you when it came down to it.....fired. No Gratitude from the wicked. Once again....Thank you TEAMSTERS

upschuck

The union went to bat for me, I know I'm gonna read that union book more throughly for now on
If they treated people fairly, members would be far less informed and combative towards them. They just made an informed union member who will be less likely to be taken advantage of because of their poor management style. You may become the next union steward, and beyond because of the action they took.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
......what a load.......chyeah because the company treated him soon good to begin with....OP just remember what your 13 years of service got you when it came down to it.....fired. No Gratitude from the wicked. Once again....Thank you TEAMSTERS
there are only 2 types of employees here. those who have been effed with and those who will be effed with.

SquirrelBoggie

It's funny cause the company try to turn it into a safety issue, and the reason I was fired was because of safety, but in the supervisor's statement they made a couple of comments that didn't make sense and that's when the ball really got rolling.

ski or die

Ski or Die
In the Right to Work states, including my own state, if this employee had decided not to be in the Union, he would have been up the creek. The company could have let him go for any unjust reason. This is a good example of why a Union is a good thing.

SquirrelBoggie

If any new employees question you about joining the Union, you can use this as an example as to why the Union is important. Without it, they would walk all over you like they do their own managers. No wonder management is always in such a bad mood.
Since I've been their I always tell employees they should join, just so they can know the full extent of the job and be protected. Some do some don't, to each there own, some guys feel it's only crappy employees who join the Union but that's not true, some may be crappy but not all of them

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
anyone who doesn't join the union is the worst kind of mutha luvin bottom feeding lowdown scuzbucket pond scum. that's about the best I can do and keep it clean.