Fired but still recieving pay

Dwebb1980

I am a former FT Sup (salaried) and I was fired at the end of January due to "restructuring" AKA politics. They are still sending me a check through direct deposit even though I don't work there. When I log in to view my pay stub, it's still taxed the same and everything is still active. This is not severance pay........What should I do?

Sincerely,

Clueless

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Fired for bad spelling?

Anyway, have the whole check buy UPS stock.

Last edited:

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I am a former FT Sup (salaried) and I was fired at the end of January due to "restructuring" AKA politics. They are still sending me a check through direct deposit even though I don't work there. When I log in to view my pay stub, it's still taxed the same and everything is still active. This is not severance pay........What should I do?

Sincerely,

Clueless
Here's a thought....instead of taking the time to sign up on this site....maybe pick up the phone and call UPS HR?? I know management is generally dumb...but are you really that bad that you couldn't figure it out? I am just a lazy, overpaid Teamster after all....what do I know?

Dwebb1980

Sorry for my spelling errors. I am more worried about getting caught up in some legal payment issue with them when they audit their books. I TRIED calling my former boss, after identifying myself he screams "YOU DON'T WORK HERE" and slammed the phone down before I could even notify him of the issue.....

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Sorry for my spelling errors. I am more worried about getting caught up in some legal payment issue with them when they audit their books. I TRIED calling my former boss, after identifying myself he screams "YOU DON'T WORK HERE" and slammed the phone down before I could even notify him of the issue.....
Fired for restructuring, my ass...lmao

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
This is like playing with fire. Could you continue to get paid and no one notice? Sure. They could also realize in a few months and come after all of your pay.

The thing that throws me off is that you're still able to login to upsers. If you were fired I don't think you would be able to get on upsers.

G

Googler666

So the point of the story is to never become a manager, because teamsters basically can't get fired.

Oak

First, I would get a printed copy of my call history. This shows you attempted to make it right.

Second I'd open a new account for all my business. Leave the one with the direct deposit untouched. Let it grow and gain interest.

When the day comes, negotiate a settlement.

BrownTexas

I'd put all that money in a separate account and not touch it. They will come back for it. And you don't want to have to couch up all that money if you already spent it.

tacken

Screw them take the money and run.. Really in 3 months you could not find anyone to contact. Now we know why the management is so stupid..

Johney

You were fired for "politics" yet keep receiving pay? Keep your mouth shut and tell them to pound sand when and if they ever come and try and get it back. Accounting problems are not your problems you no longer work there remember?

brown bomber

brown bomber
I was told more than once, "accounting doesn't make mistakes." This was after being overpaid 2 times for weekly checks, and once for an extra week of vacation.

mannyfresh

You have something on your face
i would take the money and run too but in the back of my mind i would wonder if and when they found the mistake, could they ask for it back and are you like legally bound to give it to them because i know we sign paperwork for direct deposit and im not sure if there is some fine print caption that clarifies something like this happening

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
i would take the money and run too but in the back of my mind i would wonder if and when they found the mistake, could they ask for it back and are you like legally bound to give it to them because i know we sign paperwork for direct deposit and im not sure if there is some fine print caption that clarifies something like this happening
Better believe it....UPS will figure it out eventually and demand every penny back.