Fired but still recieving pay

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Call HR. As a FT Sup you should probably have it in your phone. They will chase you for it just like they chased people for overpaying them with the retro checks.

oldngray

nowhere special
I don't think there is a time limit in the law. There is mention of it in the contract for union employees but that doesn't apply to management.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Keep up the good job Milton!
Have you seen my stapler?
o-MILTON-facebook.jpg

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Go ahead and deposit the funds and then have the entire amount converted into pennies. Break the rolls of pennies down and dump them loose into a DR bag. When they want their money back.....go down to the building with the bag of pennies and tell them you want a receipt.

Johney

Better believe it....UPS will figure it out eventually and demand every penny back.
They can demand all they want if I'm not mistaken it would be a civil matter and they would have to take you to small claims court. I'm not saying they wouldn't, but for a couple of friend/t sup checks? This person no longer works there so payroll deductions are not their option.

bluehdmc

First, I would get a printed copy of my call history. This shows you attempted to make it right.

Second I'd open a new account for all my business. Leave the one with the direct deposit untouched. Let it grow and gain interest.

When the day comes, negotiate a settlement.

Third contact an employment attorney, I'm sure a consultation would be free.
Also send a certified letter signature required (by said manager, to inconveinence the hell out of him). State in the letter the dates and times you have tried to contact him and he's hung up on you after stating, "You don't work here anymore."
On the bottom of the letter put CC: The Law firm of Dewey, Srewem, and Howe

UPS Preloader

Send your supervisor and email with a irrelevant subject in hopes it gets deleted.

Per the master... When an employee notifies the Employer in writing of any ongoing overpayment, the employee’s increasing liability will cease five (5) working days after the date of the written notification. The notifIcation shall be provided to the employee’s immediate supervisor or manager.

In the meantime, move the money into a different account to prevent them from taking it back.

Indecisi0n

You guys are funny. When UPS sees the error they will come after their money. I don't care how many days have passed they will get it. If anything they could almost say you were stealing. I mean technically you are getting paid and doing nothing for it.

Kae3106

They can demand all they want if I'm not mistaken it would be a civil matter and they would have to take you to small claims court. I'm not saying they wouldn't, but for a couple of friend/t sup checks? This person no longer works there so payroll deductions are not their option.

If they try to recover the overpayment and the person refuses to pay it back, they will remove it from the W-2 earnings and issue a 1099 for the overpaid amount. That's about the extent of it...you end up paying the employer portion of the FICA taxes.