Fired for bringing back unscanned packages

Mythical Methods

He asked me why I did not contact my supervisor directly. I told him that my supervisor met me on road to take 2 packages to a school for me and at that time I told him I had the misloads and that I probably would not have time to run them. My supervisor was to busy... to take them due to the fact ( in his own words ) the whole belt was :censored2:ed up and he had tons of fires to put out.

This is a red flag right here. Article 3 Violation. Exactly why are supervisors running your misloads, or taking any packages for you anywhere? Another Bargaining Unit Employee is now out X amount of time and pay because the Supervisor did this. I would file on this. I file on this and I am a preloader any time I see one out driving.

Supervisors working is just down right disrespectful when I follow their rules and try to help them meet their numbers to the best of my ability. I do not tolerate it.

My opinion is article 3.7 is on page ten of the Master Contract for a reason...No one reads much further than that, and they want everyone to know it, so that's why its in the front of the contract.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This is a red flag right here. Article 3 Violation. Exactly why are supervisors running your misloads, or taking any packages for you anywhere? Another Bargaining Unit Employee is now out X amount of time and pay because the Supervisor did this. I would file on this. I file on this and I am a preloader any time I see one out driving.

Supervisors working is just down right disrespectful when I follow their rules and try to help them meet their numbers to the best of my ability. I do not tolerate it.

My opinion is article 3.7 is on page ten of the Master Contract for a reason...No one reads much further than that, and they want everyone to know it, so that's why its in the front of the contract.

Yeah, because that's what's important here. :(

BigBrownTruck420

Yea I'm not worried about the supervisor dropping 2 packages off at a school, as long as the customer is happy that's all that matters in that situation. So I scanned them missed in another board so he can hide it from his manager but I still have to pay the price even though It seems they dropped the ball in this situation? Seems like bad business to me..

Yea I'm not worried about the supervisor dropping 2 packages off at a school, as long as the customer is happy that's all that matters in that situation. So I scanned them missed in another board so he can hide it from his manager but I still have to pay the price even though It seems they dropped the ball in this situation? Seems like bad business to me..
This doesn't pass the smell test.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You need to learn to do them no favors Cut them no slack. This is the :censored2: they will pull on you in a heartbeat.

Last edited:

raceanoncr

To the OP,

Since you are new here, and that's fine, I'll repeat what I was told in Steward school:

There only two kinds of grievances.

1) Where you think there has been a contract violation by the company. You file,
the burden of proof is on YOU to prove there has been a violation.

2) Where there has been disciplinary action on the part of the company. NOW, the
burden of proof is on THE COMPANY to prove the discipline was warranted.

In other words, you were terminated by the company. THEY have to prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt that their case is warranted. THEY have to prove that they did not receive your calls or messages (you DO have a record of them, don't you?). THEY have to prove that THEY did not record them on a different board to make them disappear. THEY have to prove EVERYTHING they claim in order to terminate you.

BUT, YOU have to rely on your Stewards and BA (Business Agent). Good luck.

Mythical Methods

Missing my point. You might be able to use this to your advantage.

You are terminated for not following their rules. They arent following the rules either.

Can we say double standards?