Fired for bringing back unscanned packages

Overpaid Union Thug

Typical. Things like this were solved within the week 10-15 years ago.

They tryna hit you in the pocket, I hope you have a rainy day fund and can sit out while demanding back pay
Yep. Damn snakes. Hopefully he can hit them back in their pockets when he comes back. The 9.5 grievances and supervisors working grievances are perfect ways to recuperate funds that UPS has screwed people out of.

1Simplemann

Been gone a while. What's the status? I wasn't gonna read 23 pages. I can't believe this hasn't been resolved already. Actually, I take that back, I can believe it because it's UPS. Sounds like a slam dunk, you get your job back plus back pay.

BrownTexas

Point is, this shouldn't happen, but we all know that. Why a company has to operate in such a way that it promotes everyone down the line to falsify records to stay off radars is just a horrible way to run a multi-billion dollar corporation. We do service, that's it. We are are going to have service failures, that's life. Why not just report everything with integrity as it happens and not worry about every level of management having a problem to deal with. Do they like paying class action lawsuits because just like the air situation, enough people could catch on to what UPS does and we could end up pay 10's of millions in another suit.
It all results from others not doing their job. I should never have a misload. Either my loader should check as he puts them in. Or the manager should scan every pkg in my car. When both of those don't happen because they are both lazy, or over worked, the next person in line tries to cover it up. My building can't make production with the staff and equipment we have. But instead of not making production and letting the uppers see that, they rather fudge numbers and not fight to make things right.

Faceplanted

Meeting scheduled for Friday morning at 8am
You mean tuesday morning at 8am.

I will be shocked if they actually have your meeting Friday....or Monday..... Labor always magically is sick or has something more important to do on Friday and Monday

Yet we as drivers always get bitched at for calling in mon or fri

Good luck, talk to your ba ahead of the meeting to understand the plan. object if you don't like it and feel your honestly getting screwed.

If you want backpay I'm sure they will deadlock and push it to panel. How it works now is sad. If you have money saved up get the backpay you deserve. If you don't have money saved you might have to take a time served type of deal.