Fired for bringing back unscanned packages

Re-Raise

How were you fired for missed scans? They weren't in your board to begin with if they were misloads.

You sent a misload message to the center .. And you recorded them when you returned to the building as missed... what the hell else are you supposed to do???

Brisket

This is very confusing. Do you really know what you were fired for or are you just assuming it was the missed scans?

What verbal exchange did you have with the acting center manager when you returned to the building? Was he :censored2:, did he act as though this was the first he'd heard of the misloads?

And most importantly did anyone else witness this?

Brisket

If you ever have an issue where the center manager is giving you crap, always grab someone, anyone to be your witness just in case.

Makes it a bit harder to 'fabricate' things if this all went down as you say it did.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Yesterday I discovered 5 misloads in my Truck, sent the messages with the DIAD and never got a response with what to do with them.. In my center we are not allowed to sheet anything as missed without prior authorization from a member of the management team.. I worked all the way up to my DOT hours due to the fact I was on a route that I had only been on a few times, and the truck being brick loaded.. Since I never received a message with what to do with the packages and not having time to run them, I returned to the building with unscanned packages on my truck. Once I parked my vehicle I went to the acting manager with my problem and explained the situation. I had not yet clocked out but he gave me another board and had me sheet them all as missed. Today I report for work and get called into the office with an article 7 termination...

Is this something I can get my job back for or is this it for me and UPS

Having you scan in another board WHILE you still had an active "on the clock" board AND THE ACTING MANAGER ADMITS TO HAVING THE DRIVER DO THIS IN FRONT OF THE STEWARDS is a slam dunk! Get the stewards present to write out, sign and date that they heard this and take to your BA. You had better be filing on this blatant harassment! Your BA had better be being going to DEFCON 2 over this!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Having you scan in another board WHILE you still had an active "on the clock" board AND THE ACTING MANAGER ADMITS TO HAVING THE DRIVER DO THIS IN FRONT OF THE STEWARDS is a slam dunk! Get the stewards present to write out, sign and date that they heard this and take to your BA. You had better be filing on this blatant harassment! Your BA had better be being going to DEFCON 2 over this!

I think he had already punched out as he was asked to punch back in on a different board so that they could fire him.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
If you would have run the misloads and violated your hours, they would have probably fired you for that. The important thing here is they did not communicate back to you when you needed answers on what to do. You followed instructions. Sounds like acting center manager done messed up and is doing an industrial strength CYA. Hopefully he will be back to wearing a polo shirt next week, working in the hub on midnights, in another building far, far away.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Retired is correct about the CYA, IMO. This DOES NOT EXCUSE the mental and emotional assault that has been inflicted upon this driver. Doing this to someone when they have followed instructions (the evening sup told the driver to scan in "this" board as missed) is CRAP! This "acting" center manager is treating the drivers (or at least this particular driver) under him with less respect then he treats the dirt he walks on or the urinal he pisses in. He has 0 respect for the driver and 0 respect for the driver's family!

The BA should have the center manager sat in a chair and a railroad spike hammered through his scrotum! Just my opinion from the info given.

10 point

Seriously if I don't hear anything before the end of my day, I sheet them as missed.
Like they tell us all the time " sheet every package , every day"
We had the same noncommunication issue with the management and after they stomped around about "incompletes" one morning in the PCM we agreed that if they don't respond within 15 min to our misloaded pkgs we sheet them as missed.
When they saw them pop up as missed in the office they figured a way to get them off the car and delivered. We then voided the pkgs that were sheeted as missed.

10 point

If you remember the addresses for the missed pgs your BA can requisition all the "units of work" for those stops that day and even if it's in another board itll give you the tracking #s so you can print out the tracking info to see if the center manager deleted or changed their final disposition from missed to futures or whatever.

Your post alludes to the (2) packages the supe took to the school were included in the missed pkgs. Is that correct?

Overpaid Union Thug

What a bunch of BS. We've got some shady shiiiaat going on in my center right now involving ORION, harassment, warning letters and such and now I'm reading about this guy's situation. This company is run by the most vile of crooks. They are pure evil. I think its about time everyone realize that each and every time you communicate with your supervisors you should ONLY do so through the DIAD and take pictures of everything. If its in person always have a witness. Don't ignore the methods if they instruct you too. They can still discipline you for doing so even if they told you to do just that.

When it comes to being sneaky and being blatantly dishonest they are pros. There is no company on this planet that is better. Particularly when it comes to fudging numbers and hiding mistakes. But we don't have to let them pass on their mistakes to us. And we certainly shouldn't help them do it by letting our guard down. Protect yourself. Whatch what you say. Follow as many of the methods that you know about as much as you can. And document everything that you even think might be used against you later. And for God's sake scan every package the correct way according the methods and do so immediately.

10 point

Doesn't sound like the center manager is too bright.

Never sheet a pkg off area and have someone else deliver it. When the GPS freaks out becuz you're not on area who the heck is going to sign for them?!

You are getting yourself into a game of complicit fraud and you can not win. Russian roulette is always terminal sooner or later.