Fired for Job abandonment?? ***??

UpsguyDGAF

I was fired for job abandonment. I finished my pin on the local sort and was asked to help out another pin. I was told by a supervisor, go help out with 2 cars then you can go. I did 3 cars then left. My boss calls 5 mins later and sayss I abandoned my job. I explained my situation, that i was told it was ok. I then said I was on my way back to the building to return, but my boss said nevermind ," you abandoned your job" we will talk tomarow. Will this stick? how can i be fired for this???

brownrod

You punched out fair and square. That's not job abandonment.

Was this boss that called you the same person who said you could leave after doing those trucks?

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Get your steward involved asap. Sounds like there may be more to this story. What was the boss's response to your explanation? Did he believe you or did he say he did not?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It sounds like a simple lack of communication between the two sups. I would sit down with both of them, discuss this and come to an agreement so that you can go back to work.

SWORDFISH

+1 and make sure the union is notified of what is going on. With the info given you were working as instructed and cannot be fired permantly for that. Dont worry and never ever talk to management alone always have a witness.

22.34life

if it was just a miscommunication i would not worry but really dude who leaves without asking if thats it and if you can go,in the future dont leave until your sup tells you thats it.

22.34life

they tell us all the time for instance, " do this, then you can go" not do this check with me then go.

they say alot of things dont they,another thing if you left how do they know what time you left.i mean your time could be wrong even if you punched out they could still alter your time.easy fix dont leave untill you clear it with your sup. make sure he has your in and your out time correct and you will never have this problem again.