Fired for opening up and retaping box.

10 point

No you cannot, but they will try to.
We have been told there is no such thing as a damage, its other Missed, they they will diad you and try to tell you to let the consignee open it then refuse it. Because we cannot have missed.

Unless of course its a management mistake, then we can miss them all day and twice on most days, and no one gets reamed.

In my training, we are not allowed to have a tape gun in the truck. We might be tempted to steal. Like you are going to try to steal a pottery barn, south shore furniture, fingerhut, BBI, you know all that crap that falls apart when its dropped on the floor and you fight it all day?

Kind of like when mailbox was an option, but forbidden to use it.

Sheet every package, not in 1 loose dog, ni1 needs inspection, nsn, anything will do. Just dont bring it back without a status.
We get tape guns in our trucks but we're an extended center with less than 50 drivers.

We are EXPLICITLY told to never deliver a damaged (or what may look damaged) pkg. Sheet as missed.

Fix the preload and life will be good.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
In my training, we are not allowed to have a tape gun in the truck.
if I did not carry a tape gun, I would have 20 missed packages a day as I am not delivering a box that is wide open, or difficult to carry because the package is falling apart at the seams.

If I recall, wasn't there a diad training last year regarding instructions on packages not being taped by preload?

Future

Victory Ride
Whatever stone cold Steve Austin
image.gif

Kounter Klockwize

I was recently walk out of the door for opening up a box in my truck. It was my last stop and the box was under another box. I pulled the box out and it open. I taped it back up and tried to deliver it but found out it did not go to that address I was in front of anyway. Since it was my last stop I did not scan the package as a misload. When I got back to the building I was told it was tapering with a package with an intent to steal. I go to panel to try to fight for my innocence.
you will be ok unless there is more to your story.

10 point

I had a few last week my boss said sheet them as damaged not missed.
IF you sheet them as damaged (not missed) it actually goes against the preload. That's a valid assessment for sure and creates 99% of the damages loaded in my PC.

But the training we took last year said to use missed instead. Communication sucks there.

We spend $20 to fix a 50¢ problem. Fix the preload. The resolution starts with good supervision and we struggle daily in that arena.

IF you sheet them as damaged (not missed) it actually goes against the preload. That's a valid assessment for sure and creates 99% of the damages loaded in my PC.

But the training we took last year said to use missed instead. Communication sucks there.

We spend $20 to fix a 50¢ problem. Fix the preload. The resolution starts with good supervision and we struggle daily in that arena.
No argument from me.

Future

Victory Ride

We r not allowed to sheet as damaged