Fired!!!!For pissing in the bushes!!!!

outamyway

One of my fellow EAM drivers was let go on friday for peeing in the bushes near where we unload our EAM cans in the morning.

To give you a better idea of why he did this, I 'll explain our little EAM setup for you. We do not unload/load in a facility but in a vacant parking lot about 200 yards from our airport facility. They bring the cans over, we unload, sort, then load up and go. There are no houses around and it's on a dead end street with almost no traffic and a nice view of the airport.

Well this fellow driver also happens to be the son of our new EAM sup. Noone likes her or ever did and there have already been complaints about the mother and son work relationship since she became our supervisor a week ago.

Now honestly, do you think it had anything to do with him peeing in the bushes?

Just a pinch of the drama unfolding at our facility, for your enjoyment.

dillweed

Peeing in bushes could be considered indecent exposure and I'm not so sure that job can be saved. Don't see that the mother/son relationship should have anything to do with it.

Guys are guys and if I were one I'd pee all sorts of places off the clock. Heck, even as a woman I've been known to dash into a corn field or wooded area if I had to go.

However, when we have those browns on we are represent a well known company and pissing in public doesn't fly. He should have had a pop bottle or can around and jumped into the back of the pkg car.

I've held my pee 'til I had a headache running Sat air until I learned to take time and stop at the first urge. Some industrial areas have no restrooms! I also broke down and asked someone at a factory if I could use their restroom and felt unprofessional and boobish for revealing such a personal need while delivering.

I have no pity for pee-boy. dw

Channahon

One of my fellow EAM drivers was let go on friday for peeing in the bushes near where we unload our EAM cans in the morning.

To give you a better idea of why he did this, I 'll explain our little EAM setup for you. We do not unload/load in a facility but in a vacant parking lot about 200 yards from our airport facility. They bring the cans over, we unload, sort, then load up and go. There are no houses around and it's on a dead end street with almost no traffic and a nice view of the airport.

Well this fellow driver also happens to be the son of our new EAM sup. Noone likes her or ever did and there have already been complaints about the mother and son work relationship since she became our supervisor a week ago.

Now honestly, do you think it had anything to do with him peeing in the bushes?

Just a pinch of the drama unfolding at our facility, for your enjoyment.

Good thing the driver didn't have to pinch a loaf, or things would have gotten messier.

Who fired the driver? His mom? If so, that will be an interesting hearing?

Aren't employees working at the airport facility required to wear badges? That would give you access to the building 200 yards away?

I would have taken the same action, no employee should use the restroom in public,
male or female. It's rude and disrespectful.

This scenario is no better than a driver using a bottle to relieve himself and leave it in a UPS vehicle, or the hub employee who can't make it to the restroom and a haz mat responder needs to clean up the mess.

Channahon

We are not talking about a child here, who was just toilet trained and having an accident.

We are talking about someone who is over 21 years old, has access to a building 200 yards away, and chooses to relieve himself near some bushes. It's just a poor decision and I'm sure he'll get his job back.

What would you do in a situation like this, with a building 200 yards away?

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
lol, sorry , that is rather gross . Perhaps managment cracking there whips above the poor boys head screeming production production had something to do with his actions, or maybe he was lazy but if you gotta go you gotta go

local804

UK guy
Channahon is the most realistic poster from management that posts on this board. She tells it like it is, not like a few other from the managment side. Tie it in a knot? come on........

dillweed

raw, not trying to get in a "pissing match" with you but what the heck do you think women do when they have to go in public? We hold it or walk to wherever we have to and make darned sure we are not seen.

Adult males, especially professionals, do not whip out their weeners and piss in public. dw

over9five

Staff member
....... BUT, I will say it was extreme to fire him.

How 'bout a quiet talk first? Some management advice? A warning letter, perhaps?

Me thinks he'll easily get his job back.

Raw

Raw Member
raw, not trying to get in a "pissing match" with you but what the heck do you think women do when they have to go in public? We hold it or walk to wherever we have to and make darned sure we are not seen.

Adult males, especially professionals, do not whip out their weeners and piss in public. dw
Thats one of the positives of being male! Just a few months ago as I was leaving for the day I saw an unloader in the UPS parking lot dash behind a trailer 10 feet from the restroom to relieve himself !

Hangingon

UK guy
Channahon is the most realistic poster from management that posts on this board. She tells it like it is, not like a few other from the managment side. Tie it in a knot? come on........

I think Channahon said earlier she is retired. If so she can now use common sense and state her true opinions. Most current mgm't I come into contact with lately in operations seem to be too afraid to make any decision or statement w/o first checking with their superiors in fear that it isn't in keeping with the daily marching orders from on high. I disagree with many of the tactics that seem to be the MO at UPS lately but I will admit as pressured as drivers are the supervisors feel it 10 times worse.

jlphotog

I also broke down and asked someone at a factory if I could use their restroom and felt unprofessional and boobish for revealing such a personal need while delivering.

DW, I'm not sure why you would feel that way. We are talking about a normal bodily function. Every person and animal does it.

I have three different commercial stops where I regularly use their restroom. And there are two or three other places where I have asked to use theirs. No one has ever had a problem with it, and as far as I know, no one thought any less of me for asking.

BCFan

:confused:1 :confused:1 :confused:1 Since when is relieving one's self a Cardinal Sin ? Fact is, in the contract it is up to employer to provide "facilities" for employees....still it was a bad judgement call but not being privy to all the facts it is truly hard to pass judgement.....good luck in getting your job back I too think you will return....but when you get back seek advice from senior drivers on that subject I am quite sure they can offer some alternate options than hiking your leg on a tree...:thumbup1: BC