Fired for posting video on Facebook

I was fired last night after being called into the security office and told a video I posted on Facebook was found by management. My grievance hearing is in a week and I need to know the likely hood of getting my job back. They said they have a zero tolerance policy, which is why I was fired, I was sincerely apologetic, letting them know it was a lapse in judgement. What do you think?

I would also like to mention my steward had me put down Article 17(I) for reason on my grievance form.

JL 0513

A video of UPS property?

Are you a part timer or driver? If you're a driver, then damn, I feel sorry you lost a career over that.

Facebook can easily be a poison. It ruins countless lives. I stay the hell away. I don't need my life plastered on a wall.

I am a pt timer, and yes on ups property. And yea I know it was retarded. But I'm trying to understand the likely hood that the union might actually be able to save me.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I am a pt timer, and yes on ups property. And yea I know it was retarded. But I'm trying to understand the likely hood that the union might actually be able to save me.
Since your a part timer they might be like forget this dude hes gone, but who knows dude, keep your fingers crossed. I hope ya make out ok regardless of the bonehead move. We all do stupidazz shiznitt sometimes bro.

I was fired last night after being called into the security office and told a video I posted on Facebook was found by management. My grievance hearing is in a week and I need to know the likely hood of getting my job back. They said they have a zero tolerance policy, which is why I was fired, I was sincerely apologetic, letting them know it was a lapse in judgement. What do you think?

I would also like to mention my steward had me put down Article 17(I) for reason on my grievance form.
Did they follow the new language for 17 (I)? The district labor manager is supposed to call the ba to talk about it before taking you out of service. Ask your ba if this transpired. If not let me know in a pm.

Yea tagging a co-worker is what got me. Believe me it's hard enough when I know its stupid. But everyone adding in their opinion of how retarded it was isn't helping.
I would appreciate help in understanding what the current contracts can do.

gorilla75jdw

What was the video of ? Irregardless you will be fine . How can the company validate that you were on the clock or that it was actually your finger pushing the send button . For all you naysayers I have been there and done that . It is my opinion he will be fine . Is your BA decent ?

Sent using BrownCafe App

Johney

What was the video of ? Irregardless you will be fine . How can the company validate that you were on the clock or that it was actually your finger pushing the send button . For all you naysayers I have been there and done that . It is my opinion he will be fine . Is your BA decent ?

Sent using BrownCafe App
Did you miss where he admitted it was a lapse of judgement?

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real

Sent using BrownCafe App
A video of UPS property?

Are you a part timer or driver? If you're a driver, then damn, I feel sorry you lost a career over that.

Facebook can easily be a poison. It ruins countless lives. I stay the hell away. I don't need my life plastered on a wall.
:goodpost:

gorilla75jdw

Did you miss where he admitted it was a lapse of judgement?

I guess I did , did you miss where I asked him what was the video of because I don't think he ever specifically said what ?
After my incident"s" , me and our LP manager had a lengthy discussion as to what the company's position really is . Needless to say , I'm on facebook and youtube , not bragging but have numerous vids. and pics. from work at work , and knock on wood , I'm still breathing . IJS that's all .

Sent using BrownCafe App

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I guess I did , did you miss where I asked him what was the video of because I don't think he ever specifically said what ?
After my incident"s" , me and our LP manager had a lengthy discussion as to what the company's position really is . Needless to say , I'm on facebook and youtube , not bragging but have numerous vids. and pics. from work at work , and knock on wood , I'm still breathing . IJS that's all .

Sent using BrownCafe App
You know the game....different rules for different people. I know 2 PTers fired for posting ups pics on FB...and one PTer who was just given a verbal warning to take the pics down.

barnyard

KTM rider
My guess is that it is going to depend on how poorly the video makes UPS look. If it is a vid of people throwing boxes into an already stuffed truck, I would say that things do not look good.

I think it is interesting that older people think your firing will stick, while younger people seem to be, "no big deal."

Z

ZQXC

Facebook / What a load of CRAP

A great outlet for insecure people who have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING else to do with their time.