Fired for posting video on Facebook

Overpaid Union Thug

I was fired last night after being called into the security office and told a video I posted on Facebook was found by management. My grievance hearing is in a week and I need to know the likely hood of getting my job back. They said they have a zero tolerance policy, which is why I was fired, I was sincerely apologetic, letting them know it was a lapse in judgement. What do you think?

I would also like to mention my steward had me put down Article 17(I) for reason on my grievance form.

Read this. You haven't said what was in your video so I'm not sure if it's relevant.
http://www.nooga.com/159578/the-national-labor-relations-board-and-employers-social-media-policies

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Irregardless originated in dialectal American speech in the early 20th century. Its fairly widespread use in speech called it to the attention of usage commentators as early as 1927. The most frequently repeated remark about it is that “there is no such word.” There is such a word, however. It is still used primarily in speech, although it can be found from time to time in edited prose.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/irregardless
oldandgray, you propagandist..left out the all-important last few lines :P

Its reputation has not risen over the years, and it is still a long way from general acceptance. Use regardless instead.

That language was in the original offer that was rejected, but didn't make the version that was eventually ratified on the second vote for the Central Region Supplement.
Remember, we got that "significant" upgrade of serious to cardinal.
What a joke!!!
I just looked at it. You are right that didn't make it into the second vote. This is another reason you were meant for other things.

Do not post a video on which you got fired for. If you do, you will lose your argument of being apologetic and having lapse in judgement.

oldngray

nowhere special
sorry-meme-generator-oops-i-m-sorry-72129c.gif

Don't forget to use the big eyed stare.

Sorry I won't be posting video again. I have learned my lesson. The video was harmless and didn't bring any negativity to the company. You can't even clearly see ups logos in the video. But I did admit to already posting videos, they didn't even have me in them. Only co workers joking around.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
What's funny is that UPS brought in a UPS truck with the racing flames decaled on the side. Drivers were in the building taking pictures of it and with it.

Totally shows a double standard about the camera ban on UPS property. OMG, there's a boxline behind the truck in the picture. That's a company secret.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
What's funny is that UPS brought in a UPS truck with the racing flames decaled on the side. Drivers were in the building taking pictures of it and with it.

Totally shows a double standard about the camera ban on UPS property. OMG, there's a boxline behind the truck in the picture. That's a company secret.
I have seen sups taking pics of stacked out routes after the sort...and bulk stops left behind on skids. Difference is...they didn't go home and post it on their non-aynonomous FB page for the world to see ;)