Fired for posting video on Facebook

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Somebody snitched on you ? For what , who freaking cares ? He did nothing wrong , not a cardinal sin in the least .

They will read the "code of conduct policy" to you and its over with.

What region /area local are you in . Help me help you . Private message me , this type of bullying crap by the company is something that strikes a nerve with me .

Sent using BrownCafe App
No one snitched on ME....someone apparently did on the OP, unless management makes it a habit to randomly look up employees' FB pages in the off chance they posted something that was recorded inside UPS.

BS he/she did nothing wrong! I work in a fairly large building...there is a sign posted at the guard shack as employees enter...listing rules and regulations regarding entering and exiting procedures... and a list of prohibited items that are not to be brought onto UPS property...among them, illegal drugs, alcoholic beverages and cameras or any recording electronic devices. The bottom of this sign reads...Failure to comply with these UPS regulations may result in termination. That sign has been there since I started working here.

The OP works at *, a huge facility. You're telling me that he/she didn't know the rules...that they are not posted anywhere inside the facility??

Last edited by a moderator:

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
"Unprovoked assault upon another employee" is one of the 7 cardinal infractions that will get you terminated immediately without first going thru progressive discipline.

"Posting video on facebook" isn't.

UPS can proclaim "zero tolerance" for farting or bad breath or having crooked teeth or any other damn thing it wants but when it comes to actually terminating an employee the company is obligated to follow the labor agreement.
Everything is spun to be a cardinal sin...recording video while working? Theft....stealing time! There was another BC PTer fired for almost the same thing a few months ago....or so he posted on here.

J

jibbs

" IRREGARDLESS " for the Grammer Nazi's that hold steering wheels

Sent using BrownCafe App

Actually, it's was "likely hood" that got the nazi's going. "Irregardless" is just a useless, redundant colloquialism, whereas "likely hood" is flat out wrong.

You just like quintuple-posted, by the way. Probably more. I figure you're going for a post/beer drunk this morning? A+, you did it, man, you won.

Last edited by a moderator:

WorknLateHuh

my advice is post a new video on youtube of you walking through your UPS facility explaining in detail every area because clearly your old video was poor quality hence why they fired you.

DSM515

No one snitched on ME....someone apparently did on the OP, unless management makes it a habit to randomly look up employees' FB pages in the off chance they posted something that was recorded inside UPS.

BS he/she did nothing wrong! I work in a fairly large building...there is a sign posted at the guard shack as employees enter...listing rules and regulations regarding entering and exiting procedures... and a list of prohibited items that are not to be brought onto UPS property...among them, illegal drugs, alcoholic beverages and cameras or any recording electronic devices. The bottom of this sign reads...Failure to comply with these UPS regulations may result in termination. That sign has been there since I started working here.

The OP works at *, a huge facility. You're telling me that he/she didn't know the rules...that they are not posted anywhere inside the facility??
So I shouldn't post a pic of that sign on Instagram?

cb1969

You really need to contact your Business Agent. No matter what the contract says it only matters what your Business Agent is going to do. As far as the CBA it really depends on your Locals Supplement. Nothing anyone can put on here is really going to help you. If your Business Agent does not help you. Contact both your State and US Labor department and NLRB to see if they can help you. Most state and federal laws and regulations protect you from being fired for simply putting must post on social media. The CBA does state under Article 40 that you must be allowed to continue to work till the grievance process is exhausted and since that is not a cardinal infraction outlined in article 50 they must use progressive discipline. Again it all depends on your BA.