Fired for refusing to listen to sup?

UPSGUY72

Hmm well I chose to learn all the destinations and to learn the purge on my own, no one told me I do it I thought I'd be appreciated and instead I'm being tortured for my good efforts and hard work. I understand we are supposed to listen but can you not fathom from a moral standpoint how abused and :censored2:ed up this makes me feel? I don't get how good work is rewarded with more work and threats of being fired when the :censored2: workers who hardly load their trailers properly and don't care to help anyone else are left alone and me the one who's doing a good job is at risk for dismissal. This is absurd.

You asked if you could get fired for not doing were told. We told you yes you need to do what your told unless it unsafe.

Nothing else matters it doesn't matter what jobs you know or how you learned them. You need to do what your told to do ( Work as Directed and grieve later )

Some how you think you don't need to follow directs for reason that make no sense except to you ...

Box Ox

Really wish I would have known this before hand and not try to impress them or anything becuase they don't care.

That's how it'll always be. Learn to play the company's game given the circumstances you're presented. If you try to create your own game with its own rules you'll lose every time.

Joelbaker

You asked if you could get fired for not doing were told. We told you yes you need to do what your told unless it unsafe.

Nothing else matters it doesn't matter what jobs you know or how you learned them. You need to do what your told to do ( Work as Directed and grieve later )

Some how you think you don't need to follow directs for reason that make no sense except to you ...
All I'm saying is the harder you work the more work you're given and the harder you're worked. I'm sorry if being met with praise for a job well done instead of hostile threats of termination doesn't click in your brain.

Joelbaker

You can't give up one thing you were told to do because you think another needs to be done.
Well it's like if I'm doing e rigs and I finish all the carts to me I thought I should keep busy and stay working so I go load a trailer until more carts come but I guess I'll just stand there like a robot staring at the wall until I receive further instruction or more carts come. I had no clue standing around doing nothing was acceptable.

Box Ox

All I'm saying is the harder you work the more work you're given and the harder you're worked.

And what we're saying is we all already know that's how it works. It's like the law of gravity around here. You're preaching to the choir.

I'm sorry if being met with praise for a job well done instead of hostile threats of termination doesn't click in your brain.

I don't think the problem is anyone at UPS. Things just don't work how you want them to.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Yep I'll do that from now on. I won't lift a Finger to help anyone else unless instructed to
lbgo.gif

Joelbaker

Just ignore them. If people help you then help them but if they never help you when you need it then just dont bother with them. Goodluck
Thanks will do. Idk this is my first job I was pretty excited to start and thought I'll be the best worker I can be but I guess that's not a good thing. I started with with other guy and he loads so slow but now I see he has the right idea.

iDontWorkAtUps

Thanks will do. Idk this is my first job I was pretty excited to start and thought I'll be the best worker I can be but I guess that's not a good thing. I started with with other guy and he loads so slow but now I see he has the right idea.
This is my first job too. I got put on four trucks after being there for two weeks and i almost got fired bc of too many misloads while 5 of the other 6 did three trucks. My Sup put me back on three which saved me from being fired.

PT Car Washer

This is my first job too. I got put on four trucks after being there for two weeks and i almost got fired bc of too many misloads while 5 of the other 6 did three trucks. My Sup put me back on three which saved me from being fired.
Most likely saved the sup from getting fired.

By The Book

You don't need to be superman, just do the job. The praise and pats on the back are rare, that's not how ups is. They recognize people in large groups so everyone gets the "good job" at the same time. The only thing I would say is work at a steady pace and do what they ask you to do. Less stress this way, just don't forget they are the boss.