Fired for refusing to listen to sup?

Joelbaker

I've heard and seen the movie "The Purge" but have never heard of a UPS term purge b 4.
My hub was just upgraded to an all new belt and system last holiday. It's the first in the nation I believe I guess that's why. We don't have feeders or w.e u call them pushing packages anymore, everything is done by machine.

Joelbaker

Oh and they are also making twilight take Friday off and work Sunday's so night sort has to do their work plus ours as well it's really screwy but we get tons of ot. Wonder is this just at my hub too?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
How do you guys not even know what e rigs are? Unless I'm spelling it wrong, they are the big, heavy and/or oddly shaped boxes that are brought around to trailers by the little airport looking cargo cars that are the sweepers job to take care of.
Oh the erigular shaped boxes, that clears it up....

How do you guys not even know what e rigs are? Unless I'm spelling it wrong, they are the big, heavy and/or oddly shaped boxes that are brought around to trailers by the little airport looking cargo cars that are the sweepers job to take care of. The purge is just what it is. Guess you've never heard of the d.a or small sort either? What about the barn? Are these names just at my hub or what??
Now I know you are a troll because the term "barn" is only used in the freight industry and has never, I mean never used to associate with a UPS center or hub!

Joelbaker

Now I know you are a troll because the term "barn" is only used in the freight industry and has never, I mean never used to associate with a UPS center or hub!
Bs we have a barn and it's where all the e rigs are sent to be loaded onto the e rig. I'm telling you my hub is experimenting with a new system maybe that's why. Where does your hub offload irregulars then?

PT Car Washer

How do you guys not even know what e rigs are? Unless I'm spelling it wrong, they are the big, heavy and/or oddly shaped boxes that are brought around to trailers by the little airport looking cargo cars that are the sweepers job to take care of. The purge is just what it is. Guess you've never heard of the d.a or small sort either? What about the barn? Are these names just at my hub or what??
Irregs are short for irregular size packages like tires and heavy metal things that will not fit in a cardboard box. Never heard of a purge or a d.a. but I do know what a smalls sort is. Only worked here for almost 38 years so I am still learning. Please enlighten me.

Joelbaker

Irregs are short for irregular size packages like tires and heavy metal things that will not fit in a cardboard box. Never heard of a purge or a d.a. but I do know what a smalls sort is. Only worked here for almost 38 years so I am still learning. Please enlighten me.
Ups is testing an all new belt and system at my hub. It was 65 million dollars and is the first of its kind I think. The d.a not sure what that stands for but that's where some labels get made I think and the purge is what happens when packages get backed up on extendos. The packages get sent to where they park and load the brown trucks

PT Car Washer

Oh and they are also making twilight take Friday off and work Sunday's so night sort has to do their work plus ours as well it's really screwy but we get tons of ot. Wonder is this just at my hub too?
Years ago UPS switched our day sort and midnight sort to a Sunday through Thursday schedule. Preload and twi are still Monday through Friday. You unload package cars on Sunday night? We can't because we have hot loads that have to make it to other hubs midnight and then to other centers preloads.

Ups is testing an all new belt and system at my hub. It was 65 million dollars and is the first of its kind I think. The d.a not sure what that stands for but that's where some labels get made I think and the purge is what happens when packages get backed up on extendos. The packages get sent to where they park and load the brown trucks
Do you really think we believe the 65 million bit. UPS doesn't pay that much to put up and entire hub!

Joelbaker

Years ago UPS switched our day sort and midnight sort to a Sunday through Thursday schedule. Preload and twi are still Monday through Friday. You unload package cars on Sunday night? We can't because we have hot loads that have to make it to other hubs midnight and then to other centers preloads.
I think they do because the other Friday they accidentally unloaded a twilight trailer during night sort and the purge, the place where the packages come down to be loaded onto the brown trucks was completely filled with missorts. Unless they were saving that for Monday or something I'm not exactly sure. Might just be a catch up day. I'm so glad night isn't on Sunday that must suck.

Joelbaker

Do you really think we believe the 65 million bit. UPS doesn't pay that much to put up and entire hub!
Well that's what I heard guess it can be rumors but I heard it from drivers and sups. We got a whole new belt, extendos and everything made by Siemens. Took them all last holiday to put it in they had preload outside.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
you just need to work at a reasonable pace so your not dog tired at the end of your shift. You will be in a better mood to help others and do the extra work the supervisors ask you to do.