Fired for refusing to listen to sup?

Joelbaker

you just need to work at a reasonable pace so your not dog tired at the end of your shift. You will be in a better mood to help others and do the extra work the supervisors ask you to do.
I try to conserve energy just this day was miserable we had a volume of 84k, we were short 30+ bodies, we were told to skip all our breaks and we put in 8 hours so I was really dead.

Joelbaker

That's ok, we have a resident translator for all your ghetto needs. Just ask @jumpman23 what all those things are and he can probably translate them from ghetto to normal and from normal back to ghetto. He's the shizznit!
Lol thanks man. Sure all hubs are pretty ghetto I bet. Our parking lot gets so crazy with ppl double shifting sleeping in tents and tailgating not to mention the drugs and sex. Ups, empowering the impoverished.

Anthonysg0113

How do you guys not even know what e rigs are? Unless I'm spelling it wrong, they are the big, heavy and/or oddly shaped boxes that are brought around to trailers by the little airport looking cargo cars that are the sweepers job to take care of. The purge is just what it is. Guess you've never heard of the d.a or small sort either? What about the barn? Are these names just at my hub or what??
Irregs. Irregular objects.

Get me a steward

You don't have a union to go slow as :censored2:. You have a union to make sure you have a safe workplace. A fair days work for a fair days pay doesn't mean go as slow as you can, it doesn't mean go as fast either.

Read a history book, the people who fought for unionization would be ashamed of people like you.
Have you seen the hubs lately? Haha if you go even at a reasonable speed you are blown out to :censored2: every day...

Get me a steward

You don't have a union to go slow as :censored2:. You have a union to make sure you have a safe workplace. A fair days work for a fair days pay doesn't mean go as slow as you can, it doesn't mean go as fast either.

Read a history book, the people who fought for unionization would be ashamed of people like you.
Why deal with the extra stress of trying to keep up when you can just relax and take your time my boy ;)

Joelbaker

Have you seen the hubs lately? Haha if you go even at a reasonable speed you are blown out to :censored2: every day...
Even still the fat lazy slobs move at a snails pace, chatting and checking their phones as packages fall everywhere and irregs pile out of the trailer onto the floor. The other day 3 ppl had to help 2 useless punks with their trailer and sweepers have had to put packages in the ground, then clear the top, pull in irregs on top, then pick up the irregs on the floor they had to drop because there was no room. Move as slow as you want idc but when u start creating extra work for everyone around you and you create a mess on the floor which if not taken care of quickly will jam up the whole operation u need a good butt kicking.

Joelbaker

Why deal with the extra stress of trying to keep up when you can just relax and take your time my boy ;)
Who will do the work then? It will keep piling up and either it will overflow and other ppl will be taken away from their jobs to do yours or you'll end up being there much longer than you could have been.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Even still the fat lazy slobs move at a snails pace, chatting and checking their phones as packages fall everywhere and irregs pile out of the trailer onto the floor. The other day 3 ppl had to help 2 useless punks with their trailer and sweepers have had to put packages in the ground, then clear the top, pull in irregs on top, then pick up the irregs on the floor they had to drop because there was no room. Move as slow as you want idc but when u start creating extra work for everyone around you and you create a mess on the floor which if not taken care of quickly will jam up the whole operation u need a good butt kicking.
When you go to work tomorrow, ask for a purple polo shirt.

Jordan8021

Hi all I've been a loader for about 5 months now and I'm a very good worker and everyone knows that where I work. I moved to sweeper a few months ago, now I work the purge as well. Last Friday we had only 8 ppl working on our belt so we were very short handed and because we're the only shift Friday we had a volume of 84k so it was very busy.

Anyways I was loading varies trailers, doing e rigs, and working the purge and towards the end of the night I was exhausted. I stopped attending to the purge and helped knock out all the remaining e rigs and was clearing the floor when this a hole sup starts telling me they want me at the purge. I told him I've been working there and everywhere else all night and I'm dead tired could he find someone else that I didn't want to go and he kept asking then he yelled "I'm demanding you go." And being as tired as I was and over it I said something snarky like "what are you going to do if I don't go" and he said I'll fire you and I said go ahead then he walked off.

A few minutes later some guy who announced himself as the union chancellor introduced himself to me and said I have to listen to the sup no matter what unless it's against the law, refusing to listen is grounds for immediate dismissal. Is this true? I don't trust this guy tbh. What if I'm too freaking beat I don't get why they couldn't get someone else.

I've been there 4 months I surely can't be the only one who knows what we service and what we don't, besides the a hole forgot that on Fridays twilight doesn't work so we don't get their Missorts so all purged packages are ours. Seems like the better worker u are at ups the more work u get. There's never a reward. I never even got a ups shirt or hat. The slackers get less work and the good workers have to pick up their slack and get no appreciation and when they need to take it easy they get shunned.
I got some news for you buddy your union sold you out

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Who will do the work then? It will keep piling up and either it will overflow and other ppl will be taken away from their jobs to do yours or you'll end up being there much longer than you could have been.
In other words, if you go slower, you'll make more money?
The work will get done, it always does.
You'll realize soon enough the faster you work, the more work you'll get. I'm not saying be lazy, but you need to understand UPS will abuse you if you let them.... just work at a comfortable pace. Being understaffed is not your problem.