Fired for refusing to listen to sup?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
if this will make you feel better you ARE EXACTLY RIGHT! the better worker you are the more work they will give you.

welcome to UPS. you will never be appreciated.

either you learn or you crash.

it's a :censored2:ty way to do business but that is what they do.

maybe if you got fired it will be for the best. save you from 30 years of misery.

10 point

I get that it wasn't like I was refusing to work period I was clearing the floor. It's just like abuse to me. If stupid me hasn't been so attentive and leaned all the destinations our sort services, if I would have not offered help to others when I had nothing better to do instead of just standing there like others do, if i wasn't a good worker and didn't learn the purge on my own then they never could have told me anything. It's like I voluntarily lent a hand to them, didn't need to and threats of being fired is what I get in return?? I'm at the richmond ca hub we have the new (garbage) belt they're testing so maybe that's why it's different. The whole belt is one thing now so if packages being sent to trailers back up too much it'll shut off the whole belt so to stop that from happening They are purged,
Don't forget:

"You're a valued asset to the company."

You're also a seven digit number and a body with a pulse.

BrownThunder

Should have applied in the town, we have shythead supes here too, but the hard workers are respected and left alone pretty much. My supervisor who's known to be a little abrasive to new hires has always been cool with me. He understands my worth to his operation and does not bother me with bitch work like running carts or breaking jams.

Joelbaker

In other words, if you go slower, you'll make more money?
The work will get done, it always does.
You'll realize soon enough the faster you work, the more work you'll get. I'm not saying be lazy, but you need to understand UPS will abuse you if you let them.... just work at a comfortable pace. Being understaffed is not your problem.
Yeah you're right. I'm too hyper and can feel the anxiety build up just thinking of all those boxes. Many nights I still have the dreams and I guess part of me fears being trapped in there forever lol.

Joelbaker

if this will make you feel better you ARE EXACTLY RIGHT! the better worker you are the more work they will give you.

welcome to UPS. you will never be appreciated.

either you learn or you crash.

it's a :censored2:ty way to do business but that is what they do.

maybe if you got fired it will be for the best. save you from 30 years of misery.
Lol wow thanks for your honesty. Can't believe this is how a billion dollar company operates, like slave drivers. Who is pocketing all the money, the shareholders or whoever? And it's like they waste so much money that could be used to better the work environment and conditions but they don't care.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
How do you guys not even know what e rigs are? Unless I'm spelling it wrong, they are the big, heavy and/or oddly shaped boxes that are brought around to trailers by the little airport looking cargo cars that are the sweepers job to take care of. The purge is just what it is. Guess you've never heard of the d.a or small sort either? What about the barn? Are these names just at my hub or what??
surely you mean "irregular" aka "irregs" and not "e-rigs", which is more like "e-cigs"

Joelbaker

Should have applied in the town, we have shythead supes here too, but the hard workers are respected and left alone pretty much. My supervisor who's known to be a little abrasive to new hires has always been cool with me. He understands my worth to his operation and does not bother me with bitch work like running carts or breaking jams.
I've thought about it. Isn't your starting pay 12 too? It's just hard to give up a short 5 minute drive to get on the freeway and drive 30.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

I believe D Cap means Data Capture. When they take torn labels that will not scan and create a new bar code. Mostly an Art 22.3 job now a days.
Exactly. To Joel, "DA" stands for "Data Acquisition", which is a different phrase for the same thing PTC described.

And I have heard the term "barn" used by UPSers, ironically first on this board.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
That was easy work when i was inside.

Get me a steward

I think they do because the other Friday they accidentally unloaded a twilight trailer during night sort and the purge, the place where the packages come down to be loaded onto the brown trucks was completely filled with missorts. Unless they were saving that for Monday or something I'm not exactly sure. Might just be a catch up day. I'm so glad night isn't on Sunday that must suck.
Who will do the work then? It will keep piling up and either it will overflow and other ppl will be taken away from their jobs to do yours or you'll end up being there much longer than you could have been.
This is the dumbest logic. If everyone went a reasonable pace then they wouldn't be able to pull people from other work areas but when people bust their ass and keep their slides clean and what not they end up with more work. Honestly that's not my problem. Less work for me and less strain on my body

blkmamba

Why deal with the extra stress of trying to keep up when you can just relax and take your time my boy ;)
I'll give you credit, you're attitude always seems pretty chill. You're the perfect person to get under a sups skin, no matter what they do you don't lose your cool. Haha

Joelbaker

This is the dumbest logic. If everyone went a reasonable pace then they wouldn't be able to pull people from other work areas but when people bust their ass and keep their slides clean and what not they end up with more work. Honestly that's not my problem. Less work for me and less strain on my body
Well I know now. I play sports so I came into this thinking we're all one team so we should help each other and have each other's back I didn't know it was every man for themselves and no one cares about anything but themselves.

blkmamba

Well I know now. I play sports so I came into this thinking we're all one team so we should help each other and have each other's back I didn't know it was every man for themselves and no one cares about anything but themselves.
It's every man for themselves. One full time sup said it best, "I've got your back until it's my ass under the gun and when it is I will throw everyone and anyone under the bus as fast as I can".

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
It's every man for themselves. One full time sup said it best, "I've got your back until it's my ass under the gun and when it is I will throw everyone and anyone under the bus as fast as I can".
Quality leadership
giphy.gif