Fired for refusing to listen to sup?

clean hairy

Oh I know it's not. I hold myself to a standard ups was never and will never be on the way it's run. Fat lazy slobs who couldn't care less about the customers packages are model ups employees. Can't believe it's sill around but I can't imagine it'd be for much longer.
Lots of luck in your future employment, I sure hope they show you door!
Do you understand everyone has to work as a team, and you refused to help a fellow member of the team?
I will bet $$$$ I have been with UPS longer than you have been alive!
I will also bet $$$ that I, as well as most everyone here has done work they did not like, but they worked as directed and did not mouth off and backtalk to the Supervisor.
You dared him to fire you, would benefit the Company and the sort to have a person willing to do the work where needed instead of dictating where they want to work.
Adios!

My hub was just upgraded to an all new belt and system last holiday. It's the first in the nation I believe I guess that's why. We don't have feeders or w.e u call them pushing packages anymore, everything is done by machine.
Interesting. Soon your entire preload will be ran by machines?

RealPerson

I went out of my way to learn sweeper and purge to lend a hand when I'm not busy and now my good graces have damned me because they tried to force me to do purge when I should just be sweeping or loading and since I was dead tired I refused so they're threatening to fire me

The More you do, the more they will require you to do.
If you work harder than everyone else, that is on YOU.
You Must do exactly what they tell you, even if it messes up the sort, or there is a better way of doing it.

You can only refuse if it is against the Law or unSafe.
If you feel it violates the contract, you still must do it, and file later..

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Lol wow thanks for your honesty. Can't believe this is how a billion dollar company operates, like slave drivers. Who is pocketing all the money, the shareholders or whoever? And it's like they waste so much money that could be used to better the work environment and conditions but they don't care.

Now you're beginning to understand.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Lol wow thanks for your honesty. Can't believe this is how a billion dollar company operates, like slave drivers. Who is pocketing all the money, the shareholders or whoever? And it's like they waste so much money that could be used to better the work environment and conditions but they don't care.
quit anyway and see the world. party and enjoy life while you are young.

BrownThunder

Man that's dope we're 10.35 over here straight poverty status

Yeah when I first applied earlier this year it was 10 something but it was increased while I was still in my first training week.

Come work in the town fam. If you really get it in like you say, we could use you on our belt.

And we got HOES...... So many hoes in here.

BrownThunder

That was easy work when i was inside.

Running carts and breaking jams? Yeah it's probably the easiest assignment you could get.

I handle all Irreg flow inbound to our belt. Pisses me off to see grown men up there standing by the chute "breaking jams" aka looking busy while checking facebook.

Meanwhile I'm around the way loading irregs looking like I just took the ice bucket challenge I'm sweating so profusely.

TheKid99

Haha thx man that's why I used a fake name

Considering you've gave out your hub name it really doesn't make a difference now if UPS wanted to identify you. Even if you didn't give out your hub name they could still identify you because you said your facility just got apnea $85 million new belt.

TheKid99

Running carts and breaking jams? Yeah it's probably the easiest assignment you could get.

I handle all Irreg flow inbound to our belt. Pisses me off to see grown men up there standing by the chute "breaking jams" aka looking busy while checking facebook.

Meanwhile I'm around the way loading irregs looking like I just took the ice bucket challenge I'm sweating so profusely.

That'll be dope if I could just break jams at pds and run carts/missorts

And there's this old guy all he do is pick off, scan and be on Facebook he makes around $26/hr.

Get me a steward

Man I wish I had you in my center haha "the try hard guy" always makes life easier for us slugs lol I love ups

Joelbaker

Considering you've gave out your hub name it really doesn't make a difference now if UPS wanted to identify you. Even if you didn't give out your hub name they could still identify you because you said your facility just got apnea $85 million new belt.
Crap that's true I'm an idiot. How do I delete this thread or my account?

Get me a steward

Crap that's true I'm an idiot. How do I delete this thread or my account?
Don't listen to these paranoid ass old guys. They aren't going to track you lol. And if they did somehow come to the assumption that they know who you are... they're not going to fire you over extremely cirumstancial evidence.

BrownBrokeDown

Guessing your prolly 22 or younger. Unfortunately, what you just described is Corporate America today. It sucks and just gets worse every year.