Fired for refusing to listen to sup?

Anthonysg0113

if this will make you feel better you ARE EXACTLY RIGHT! the better worker you are the more work they will give you.

welcome to UPS. you will never be appreciated.

either you learn or you crash.

it's a :censored2:ty way to do business but that is what they do.

maybe if you got fired it will be for the best. save you from 30 years of misery.
Or you just give up and be a sup

Anthonysg0113

Lol wow thanks for your honesty. Can't believe this is how a billion dollar company operates, like slave drivers. Who is pocketing all the money, the shareholders or whoever? And it's like they waste so much money that could be used to better the work environment and conditions but they don't care.
Step over a dollar to pick up a dime

werenotthepostoffice

deep down inside I really do not care
Yeah you're right. I'm too hyper and can feel the anxiety build up just thinking of all those boxes. Many nights I still have the dreams and I guess part of me fears being trapped in there forever lol.
Funny you say that.....that's the same thing postal workers say then they go postal........

proyer

Hi all I've been a loader for about 5 months now and I'm a very good worker and everyone knows that where I work. I moved to sweeper a few months ago, now I work the purge as well. Last Friday we had only 8 ppl working on our belt so we were very short handed and because we're the only shift Friday we had a volume of 84k so it was very busy.

Anyways I was loading varies trailers, doing e rigs, and working the purge and towards the end of the night I was exhausted. I stopped attending to the purge and helped knock out all the remaining e rigs and was clearing the floor when this a hole sup starts telling me they want me at the purge. I told him I've been working there and everywhere else all night and I'm dead tired could he find someone else that I didn't want to go and he kept asking then he yelled "I'm demanding you go." And being as tired as I was and over it I said something snarky like "what are you going to do if I don't go" and he said I'll fire you and I said go ahead then he walked off.

A few minutes later some guy who announced himself as the union chancellor introduced himself to me and said I have to listen to the sup no matter what unless it's against the law, refusing to listen is grounds for immediate dismissal. Is this true? I don't trust this guy tbh. What if I'm too freaking beat I don't get why they couldn't get someone else.

I've been there 4 months I surely can't be the only one who knows what we service and what we don't, besides the a hole forgot that on Fridays twilight doesn't work so we don't get their Missorts so all purged packages are ours. Seems like the better worker u are at ups the more work u get. There's never a reward. I never even got a ups shirt or hat. The slackers get less work and the good workers have to pick up their slack and get no appreciation and when they need to take it easy they get shunned.

What you need to do is keep working hard and someday you will be rewarded by becoming a sup yourself; then you can give praise and pat every back you want.