Fired for runaway.

BrownTexas

Had a runaway in a mall parking lot. Driving an 1980 4 speed and force of habit had me leave it in second gear. Parking brake was to tight so I didn't use it since I figured I was on a level enough area. Minimal damage to the car that was bumped. Anyone ever get their job back for a runaway? Got my fingers crossed.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Good luck. You're gonna need it.

If you do come back, follow the damn methods. Leave it in second gear and no parking brake? You do know that you can adjust the parking brake, right?

You know you can write the parking brake up for repairs at end of day or have it repaired before you leave when you find it on your pretrip, right?

You are aware of what a pretrip is?

Good luck. You're gonna need it.

If you do come back, follow the damn methods. Leave it in second gear and no parking brake? You do know that you can adjust the parking brake, right?
You know you can write the parking brake up for repairs at end of day or have it repaired before you leave when you find it on your pretrip, right?

You are aware of what a pretrip is?
Listen to these two posters. Go and accept responsibility for what you did. It's your fault. Tell management you are stupid and take your lumps. Keep apologizing and telling them you were an idiot. This will take some of the pressure off you if you go in like this. Tell them you won't make this stupid mistake again.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
We had a roll away about 15 yrs ago. Driver had 2 weeks off. He will be leaving at the end of this contract also. In today's UPS I'd pray. Or, jump up and down in joy. Depending on your attitude. Good luck. Keep us posted

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Have some mercy on the poor guy. Im sure he feels bad enough as it it. Like none of us, hasn't done something stupid at one time or another? Hope you get your job back young man. Good luck

It's not a lack of mercy. It's called a kick in the ass. Hopefully, he gets his job back, and hopefully he cuts the crap and knocks off the shortcuts. The only thing he didn't say was that he left the truck running, or that he jump starts it. I mean, how much of a hurry can you get in by doing what he did. There are mistakes and then there are boners.

Hopefully he gets lucky and learned his lesson.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Had a runaway in a mall parking lot. Driving an 1980 4 speed and force of habit had me leave it in second gear. Parking brake was to tight so I didn't use it since I figured I was on a level enough area. Minimal damage to the car that was bumped. Anyone ever get their job back for a runaway? Got my fingers crossed.

clint-eastwood-cringe.gif

You should come back if you have a relatively clean record and no one was hurt..

I know of two. Both are still with the company. One was because of mechanical failure. One was because he got in a hurry and forgot to pull the parking valve.

If you keep your job then learn a lesson.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

In the example I gave he made it across the 4 lane road unscathed. He wasn't so lucky with the new car lot across the street.

Turns out it was mechanical failure.