Fired for runaway.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Who is the mechanic and who is the driver? Tell the driver to do his job and that you will go yours. Adjust the parking brake as you would for any other driver.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Mack Grant

Good luck. You're gonna need it.

If you do come back, follow the damn methods. Leave it in second gear and no parking brake? You do know that you can adjust the parking brake, right?
Yeah what he said you just twist the handle to tighten/loosen. Never park a manual car without using the p brake.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Who is the mechanic and who is the driver? Tell the driver to do his job and that you will go yours. Adjust the parking brake as you would for any other driver.

Sent using BrownCafe App
See my previous post. My work is good, I just don't appreciate the scrutiny after an incident. Besides, I get drivers telling me my job every day. I'm trying to keep the public safe as well as him, despite himself. :peaceful:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

See my previous post. My work is good, I just don't appreciate the scrutiny after an incident. Besides, I get drivers telling me my job every day. I'm trying to keep the public safe as well as him, despite himself. :peaceful:

People tell me my job every day as well---I still do things the way I was taught.

Sent using BrownCafe App

beentheredonethat

There has been a contract set forth between the union and ups. By me making ups hold their end of the bargaining agreement by filing grievances, who is in the wrong? My management team or me?
I didn't ask if you were in the right or the wrong. I just asked in hindsight if putting a bulls-eye on your back was a smart thing to do and if you would continue to put a target on your back. I am inferring based on your answer that you will continue to put a target on your back. If your mgr believes that, then he\she may push hard to make it so you don't come back. I hope if your mgr asked the same question to you, you would answer a bit differently.

Rainman

Its all good.
Over the years we've had a number of rollaways at my building... multiple centers. Never heard of anyone getting fired and staying fired just for that. Not that it couldn't have happened, but I think I would have heard of it.

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
The building where I work has a big drainage ditch along the back of the property. The whole yard slopes so that rain can drain into this ditch. Our tractor lineup is backed against this ditch. There are concrete stops to keep you from backing into the ditch. Well, the concrete stop had fallen into the ditch and they never replaced it. One of our drivers parked his tractor, got out and went into the building at the end of the day. He forgot to pop his parking brake and it rolled into the ditch. Luckily another driver saw it first and went into the tractor and popped the brake. They just knew the driver didn't set his brake and was itching to fire him since he was a day 1 driver. But...oops the brake was set....damn, must be defective equipment haha.

BrownTexas

I didn't ask if you were in the right or the wrong. I just asked in hindsight if putting a bulls-eye on your back was a smart thing to do and if you would continue to put a target on your back. I am inferring based on your answer that you will continue to put a target on your back. If your mgr believes that, then he\she may push hard to make it so you don't come back. I hope if your mgr asked the same question to you, you would answer a bit differently.
Of course if offered my job back I would be less of a "bother" I'm just stating that I should have never had a target on me to begin with. Nor should any employee.

Or NOT written up. He came in the shop and threatened my work partner when he tried to prevent him from backing it off.

That's almost funny.

My mech, a female army vet, would twist his head off and crap in the hole and that's if she was in a good mood. Show her respect and she will take care of everything you ask. Talk down to her and make your peace with God.

I personally am in love with her.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I cover a route for a guy frequently who takes a lot of time off. He must intentionally back off his truck's handbrake ridiculously far. Everytime I run his route I spend a good 5-6 minutes just spinning the handle around to a point where I can at least feel some resistance when engaging it. I don't get why he does that. If he really is that lazy and doesn't care if the brake works then he should just continue being unsafe by not using it instead and leave it properly adjusted.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
That's almost funny.

My mech, a female army vet, would twist his head off and crap in the hole and that's if she was in a good mood. Show her respect and she will take care of everything you ask. Talk down to her and make your peace with God.

A woman getting some grease under her nails and working on a car= THATS SEXY AS HELL lol.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I cover a route for a guy frequently who takes a lot of time off. He must intentionally back off his truck's handbrake ridiculously far. Everytime I run his route I spend a good 5-6 minutes just spinning the handle around to a point where I can at least feel some resistance when engaging it. I don't get why he does that. If he really is that lazy and doesn't care if the brake works then he should just continue being unsafe by not using it instead and leave it properly adjusted.
Unfortunately that back and forth BS makes the adjusting knob loose to the point it is defective, forcing it to replaced. Then it starts all over again. By doing my duty I wind up making more work for myself.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
That's almost funny.

My former partner no longer works for UPS. He was formerly Air Force with a short Iraq deployment. Make what you will of it. I could do damage to people who offend my sensibilities, but I value my employment more.