Fired for "stealing time"

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
It was actually my first time. center manager was out doing safety check on a new driver and in his words "stumbled upon me"

No, he didn't. This is surely not the first time you've done this move, so if they suspected you, THAT'S why they "stumbled upon you"

YEARS ago you could run like hell, prerecord stops, and stop complete them later and you wouldn't get caught. Now with all the GPS pings when you sheet, "deliver" and stop complete a package, you can't get away with it.

You deserve to be fired. You made your bed, now it's time to go nap.

Overpaid Union Thug

So here is a quick summary of my story. I got fired for stealing time and dishonesty.

After my lunch I clocked in but was still at lunch scanning packages as delivered. I went 30 mins past. my center manager was doing safety checks and was watching me the whole time. I got called in 2 days later and was told Im discharged for "stealing time" and dishonesty.

My BA and I went to the center to have a meeting the the center manager and sup but they still decided not to give my job back even though I told them I mess up and realized what I did was a cardinal sin.

Was that one of the panels? my BA told me next we can go to arbitation if i wanted to try to get my job back.

Has anyone heard or experienced anything like this and got their job back?

Wait.......WHAT?

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Really. Slow is just slow, but cheating.........

I used to try to figure out ways to get around every new policy or technology (intellectual exercise :)), and every time I thought it through, I saw how it wouldn't work.
I've found a ton of workarounds for the technology, many of which are posted here, but choose not to use them.
Drive truck. Get Check. Repeat. Retire.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Wow, Stealing time as well as integrity issues of falsifying records.I dont know you,but i do know people are creatures of habit and i'm betting this isnt the first,second,third or even fourth time you have done this. I'm also pretty sure your management team can prove this theory when it goes to panel,and this is why they are standing strong on their position.
good luck,you'll need it

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
DISHONEST BREAKS TRUST AND ONCE YOU BREAK TRUST IT IS HARD TO GAIN IT BACK,BECAUSE TRUST LIKE RESPECT IS EARNED NOT EXPECTED.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
cf-dafuq.gif

my reaction while reading Post#1

So here is a quick summary of my story. I got fired for stealing time and dishonesty.

After my lunch I clocked in but was still at lunch scanning packages as delivered. I went 30 mins past. my center manager was doing safety checks and was watching me the whole time. I got called in 2 days later and was told Im discharged for "stealing time" and dishonesty.

My BA and I went to the center to have a meeting the the center manager and sup but they still decided not to give my job back even though I told them I mess up and realized what I did was a cardinal sin.

Was that one of the panels? my BA told me next we can go to arbitation if i wanted to try to get my job back.

Has anyone heard or experienced anything like this and got their job back?
Was that a local level hearing? Was the labor manager there?

I
Thank you peanut gallery. I know I messed up and I admit it. ive been written up once for being late and never filed a grievance. I just would like to know if anyone has gotten their job back after something like this.

I guess for the reason I can say I got lazy after lunch and needed some extra time.
know a guy that lost his job for that but he lied about an accident and was fired first then singed for a package the second time. The third it I might ad was something like your predicament. He's no longer with the firm. He's a machinist now.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I've found a ton of workarounds for the technology, many of which are posted here, but choose not to use them.
Drive truck. Get Check. Repeat. Retire.

Yeah, but when you think of all the data points that telematics and the DIAD record and are later compared, you have to realize that someone could look past the top level reports and figure a lot out.

Kind of like being told to void a stop. You know damned well that the original information doesn't magically disappear.

Fedex Guy

It was actually my first time. center manager was out doing safety check on a new driver and in his words "stumbled upon me"

No chance that this was your first time doing this. C'mon man. 7 years driving and just by chance the first time you thought of this was the same day your center manager was spying on you. I think you are being dishonest.........again. In all seriousness though, good luck.

Just to be clear, I don't work for FedEx. Crazy I know.