Fired Yesterday!!

steward71

Just an update. Day 3 with no word from my BA. Is this typical? He told me to sit tight,wait for the discharge papers to come in the mail and he would call me when he hears something. Starting to think I need to press the subject a bit. Haven't even filed the grievance yet. Any thoughts?[/QUOTE

FILE THE DAMN GREIVANCE. GET IN YOUR CAR, FAX IT MAIL, MAIL IT JUST FILE THE THING. it is ok to come here and seek advice it has been given. dont set back and wait it is not going to fix itself file now. call the hall.

Package_Donkey14

milk was a bad choice
UPDATE: Just got off the phone with my BA. Was told I got my PT job back and would be able to drive as a single day coverage driver as needed by the center. But will have to wait a year to sign any full time bid sheets that may go up. My question is this, The contract clearly says no driving for 1 year after an accident. But now I can still drive but not sign a bid sheet? Not that I'm ungrateful for the opportunity to drive again right away but who makes the rules? If it helps the center out, I can drive. But if I'm not needed I have to wait a year? I missed that part of the contract i guess. I have a meeting with the center manager tomorrow mourning to talk about the specifics.

Also, even tho I still highly doubt I caused that property damage, the fact that telematics show that I drove up that driveway automatically proves I caused the damage. Lesson learned sir! Note to self: NEVER drive down any residential driveways EVER! Even tho you that driveway may have the perfect turn around or circle drive, if that customer is in a pissy mood that day and see's a branch broken or a blade of grass out of place or a marker pole not at a 90 degree angle and telematics shows you drove on that driveway at some point, YOU WILL GET PINNED WITH THAT ACCIDENT!! Not only that, but you will get fired for not reporting the damage that you didn't cause and you will be treated as a lying POS!

eddsux

i have been with UPS for 22 years a couple of weeks ago i was givin a warning letter for failure to follow proper procedures....a week later i was givin a day suspension for the same thing.......last week i had personals for thursday and friday when i got back to work on monday the security sup pulled me in the office and started showing me satellite photos of some of my deliveries......now he wants to fire me for dishonesty.....my question is if i were fired once before ten years ago for dishonesty is this gonna affect me getting my job back......or is this "headhunting"?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
UPDATE: Just got off the phone with my BA. Was told I got my PT job back and would be able to drive as a single day coverage driver as needed by the center. But will have to wait a year to sign any full time bid sheets that may go up. My question is this, The contract clearly says no driving for 1 year after an accident. But now I can still drive but not sign a bid sheet? Not that I'm ungrateful for the opportunity to drive again right away but who makes the rules? If it helps the center out, I can drive. But if I'm not needed I have to wait a year? I missed that part of the contract i guess. I have a meeting with the center manager tomorrow mourning to talk about the specifics.

Also, even tho I still highly doubt I caused that property damage, the fact that telematics show that I drove up that driveway automatically proves I caused the damage. Lesson learned sir! Note to self: NEVER drive down any residential driveways EVER! Even tho you that driveway may have the perfect turn around or circle drive, if that customer is in a pissy mood that day and see's a branch broken or a blade of grass out of place or a marker pole not at a 90 degree angle and telematics shows you drove on that driveway at some point, YOU WILL GET PINNED WITH THAT ACCIDENT!! Not only that, but you will get fired for not reporting the damage that you didn't cause and you will be treated as a lying POS!

Good to hear things are straightened out. Seems like a reasonable outcome.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Call the homeowner and ask him if he is proud of causing you to lose a full time driving opportunity. It's frickin grass for gods sake. If every homeowner around here called in wrecked grass there wouldn't be any snowplow companies in business after the spring thaw.

thessalonian13

What is a 22.3?
2 part time positions put together to make a full time position. You should be on the top of the list for that. Jump on the next one that comes around. You will get full time benefits and qualify for full time pension. Talk to you shop stewart to sign up.

thessalonian13

i have been with UPS for 22 years a couple of weeks ago i was givin a warning letter for failure to follow proper procedures....a week later i was givin a day suspension for the same thing.......last week i had personals for thursday and friday when i got back to work on monday the security sup pulled me in the office and started showing me satellite photos of some of my deliveries......now he wants to fire me for dishonesty.....my question is if i were fired once before ten years ago for dishonesty is this gonna affect me getting my job back......or is this "headhunting"?
You need to explain the
"satellite photos of some of my deliveries" Does UPS have a spy satellite or drones flying around taking pictures of us? LOL

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I am the highest seniority PT person in my center that wants to drive. I had a really bad feeling that something like this was going to happen to me. I try to be so careful but quick at the same time. At first I said no to the seasonal position in fear of this very thing happening. They told me they really needed my help this season do to a driver shortage and that they will be posting a full time bid sheet in September. If this was my tire track, I can't explain why I did not realize they damage was made. I've been racking my brain trying to figure it out. I honestly did not feel anything that would have suggested something went wrong. I was told my sup called fed ex and they did not make a delivery since I did. I guess what I'm saying is I'm pretty convinced with the facts that I must have been the one to cause the damage, but I really was unaware of it at the time. Maybe thats due to my lack of experience or just the fact that I was paying so much attention to the spacing on the sides of the truck as I was pulling out. Whatever it was, I guess if I do get my PT job back I will have to wait another year to get another shot at driving and will have to watch other less seniority people snatch up the FT job in September that I've been working toward for 9 years. Thanks for all your information and help with this people. I appreciate it
Your sup is full of crap! I'll bet my paycheck he never called FedEx.
Imagine the conversation. We have a customer complaint about a driver damaging his lawn. Did you guys do it?
Tell your sup to call the cable guy, meter reader, fertilizer guy and the HONEY WAGON and ask for tire imprints of all their vehicles.

Package_Donkey14

milk was a bad choice
2 part time positions put together to make a full time position. You should be on the top of the list for that. Jump on the next one that comes around. You will get full time benefits and qualify for full time pension. Talk to you shop stewart to sign up.

When do these positions come around? I have never heard of such a thing.

Re-Raise

It amazes me the stupidity of this company sometimes. You have 9 years in as an employee. You have been trained as a driver.

The company woukl rather start over with someone else because of some smashed grass?

If they want to fire me ... let me change that to WHEN they want to fire me .. for something this stupid I am very comfortable looking them in the eye and saying good luck finding someone better.

The money spent training a new driver would buy a lot of grass seed.

happyboy

Glad to hear you got your job back. Wouldn't it be fun or funny to :censored2: with that home owner now.
The first thing i would do is see what info you can did up on the guy. Then i would anonymous report him to the IRS for Tax fraud lol maybe he gets audited by the irs for the next 3 years.

Oh nevermind,

eddsux

im not where your hub is but in central pa they can produce a satellite photo of where you scan and stop complete a delivery

Coldworld

60 months and counting

edd, what were the procedures that you wernt following???

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
im not where your hub is but in central pa they can produce a satellite photo of where you scan and stop complete a delivery

They have it here also but the database they use is inaccurate. I was accused of misdelivering a package to the wrong house, and shown the Google Earth photo of the neighborhood with the little arrow that shows where I scanned the package. The numbers on the houses according to Google Earth dont always match the numbers that are actually on the houses in the real world. In the real world, I actually was at the right house and I was able to prove it by going there and taking a picture of the house from an angle that showed how many houses were between it and the corner.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
It amazes me the stupidity of this company sometimes. You have 9 years in as an employee. You have been trained as a driver.

The company woukl rather start over with someone else because of some smashed grass?

If they want to fire me ... let me change that to WHEN they want to fire me .. for something this stupid I am very comfortable looking them in the eye and saying good luck finding someone better.

The money spent training a new driver would buy a lot of grass seed.

People need to stop thinking that the company "cares" about them...THEY DONT! If you were a decent employe, I have seen in the past the center team really go out on a limb to help someone in a pinch....as long as it wasnt stealing or getting into a fistfight. Those days are OVER....done!

menotyou

bella amicizia

Your BA made a deal with the company. If your suspended, you can't drive. Period. I know, as I was suspended. If the company lets you drive one day, you can drive everyday. Do not sign anything!!!
Where is the proof you did the damage? There is none. I would pull your BA aside and inform him he works for you, not the other way around. You are getting thrown under the bus from what I can tell. Good luck.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Your BA made a deal with the company. If your suspended, you can't drive. Period. I know, as I was suspended. If the company lets you drive one day, you can drive everyday. Do not sign anything!!!
Where is the proof you did the damage? There is none. I would pull your BA aside and inform him he works for you, not the other way around. You are getting thrown under the bus from what I can tell. Good luck.

THis is not true. You may not be able to drive as a full-time service provider and make your 30 days on-road (for the one year), but you can still work as a seasonal temp or air driver in the meantime.

It sounds to me like the OP should take the rap for the damaged lawn. He is honest and admitted to driving into the driveway. That means ( hate to say it ), once you do that, you're guilty just by association. Just IMO

UnconTROLLed

perfection
When do these positions come around? I have never heard of such a thing.

They would be on your center or buildings job postings board. Ask a steward if there are any 22.3 jobs in your building and also ask him/her politely to notify you when they are posted (word of mouth), just in case.

menotyou

bella amicizia
THis is not true. You may not be able to drive as a full-time service provider and make your 30 days on-road (for the one year), but you can still work as a seasonal temp or air driver in the meantime.

It sounds to me like the OP should take the rap for the damaged lawn. He is honest and admitted to driving into the driveway. That means ( hate to say it ), once you do that, you're guilty just by association. Just IMO
So, let me get this straight. You get suspended for one year from driving, but you can drive when its convenient for us. Not you, just us. Who cares what the contract says. Yeah.
As a person who was suspended, I'm not buying it. I stand by what I said.