Fired?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by JonWVU, Oct 26, 2015.

1. JonWVU

JonWVU New Member

After working about 5 months I'm positive I made my 30 working days but was never notified about it or about when i could join the union. In my 30 working days there were 2 days I missed due to being sick. Last Friday, I had a family member dealing with a mental disorder and could not clock in to work. (Yes, I'm not going to risk losing a family member for a job.) The call out number was not working so I texted my supervisor.( The last time I called out the call out number was not working so I texted him saying I would be sick) We work in the AM and I did not want to call in case he was sleeping. At the end of my message I asked what the start time for Monday (today) would be and never received a response so I did not come in as the start times are given to us for the next work day at the end of the current work day. Am I fired? Is there anything I can do to attempt to get my job back? I tried to call human resources but I cannot find a number anywhere.

2. pickup

pickup Well-Known Member

they just get dumber and dumber and dumber and.....

• Agree x 4
    • Like x 2
    • Funny x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • List
  3. JonWVU

JonWVU New Member

Very helpful, thank you!

4. Peppermint Patty

Peppermint Patty Cardboard Pusher

So you didn't show up today either??? It is your responsibilty to find out your start time. Pick up the phone and call who cares if he is asleep do you want your job?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Get with your Union Steward or Business Agent. UPS can not fire an employee until they go through the Union.

6. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

Here's a novel idea, perhaps try going into work?

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  7. 800 867-5309.

8. PT Car Washer

Three no call, no show is grounds for job abandonment. Get to work.

9. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Guest

Really? This young man is going through a lot and all you all can do is give him a hard time. It's disgusting

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. I forgot the contact name.
    Miss Jennifer Dumas.

11. rod

rod retired and happy

News to me. They fire people all the time for the silliest reasons. Keeping them fired is a different story.

12. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Really I could do that?

Wow just wow

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Guest

Are we not a brotherhood? Do we not look out for one another? United we stand divided we fall pal

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. Absolutely we do.

15. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Guest

Then where is the compassion?

16. PT Car Washer

You know what I mean. Termination requires a Union representative be with you when you are notified and then the Union files a protest. You are not terminated until the grievance process is played out.

17. The same place as your spoons.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  18. rod

rod retired and happy

Above all don't sit around waiting for them to call you and say you're fired----get your butt to work. They will let you know whats going on and then you can proceed with a plan of action

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  19. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Guest

Even if not in the union?

20. rod

rod retired and happy

I know what you mean but it sounds like this kid is clueless and needs some backup.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List