Fired?

JonWVU

After working about 5 months I'm positive I made my 30 working days but was never notified about it or about when i could join the union. In my 30 working days there were 2 days I missed due to being sick. Last Friday, I had a family member dealing with a mental disorder and could not clock in to work. (Yes, I'm not going to risk losing a family member for a job.) The call out number was not working so I texted my supervisor.( The last time I called out the call out number was not working so I texted him saying I would be sick) We work in the AM and I did not want to call in case he was sleeping. At the end of my message I asked what the start time for Monday (today) would be and never received a response so I did not come in as the start times are given to us for the next work day at the end of the current work day. Am I fired? Is there anything I can do to attempt to get my job back? I tried to call human resources but I cannot find a number anywhere.

PT Car Washer

News to me. They fire people all the time for the silliest reasons. Keeping them fired is a different story.
You know what I mean. Termination requires a Union representative be with you when you are notified and then the Union files a protest. You are not terminated until the grievance process is played out.

rod

Retired 22 years
Above all don't sit around waiting for them to call you and say you're fired----get your butt to work. They will let you know whats going on and then you can proceed with a plan of action

T

Turdferguson

You know what I mean. Termination requires a Union representative be with you when you are notified and then the Union files a protest. You are not terminated until the grievance process is played out.

After working about 5 months I'm positive I made my 30 working days but was never notified about it or about when i could join the union.
Even if not in the union?

rod

Retired 22 years

I know what you mean but it sounds like this kid is clueless and needs some backup.