Firing's for being seen on cell phones/distracted driving.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I dont use my phone while driving, but there is no way in hell I would allow a management person to "view" my phone in order to look for evidence to fire me.
Absolutely...even if you know you weren't using your phone when the incident happened....screw that. It's not a company issue phone. When management pays my cell phone bill, they can view my phone.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
To those drivers stuck in the 70s and 80s, 1 word for ya, BLUETOOTH. Cant believe drivers are still stupid enough to text or talk on their cell without being hands free. Its that simple Bluetooth.
Depends what state and hub you work in. And yeah, it's hands free. But if there's an accident, you don't think it's going to be a strike against the driver that he/she was on the phone in any capacity?? Remember who we work for....

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Depends what state and hub you work in. And yeah, it's hands free. But if there's an accident, you don't think it's going to be a strike against the driver that he/she was on the phone in any capacity?? Remember who we work for....

It's sounds as though you are justifying the use of cellphones while driving.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
It's sounds as though you are justifying the use of cellphones while driving.
I don't know the official ups rules regarding cell phones. Here's what I do know....everyone does their own thing at work....it's not for me to comment on one way or the other. My post was referring to jumpman....who thinks he's in the clear by using a bluetooth to talk and drive. In the event of an accident...I think it would be an issue with ups.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Your only fat...........................................................................................................................................................................................in the right places!................shh
thank you for clarifying sir...I think....lol. Incidentally, how many beers have you had?? LOL