First 3 days driving...

Purplepackage

Group the resi stops by clumps of street, Dont worry about stop for stop.

Its 100 times easier to say ok streets abc are in the same section of the neighbor hood and streets def are on the other side

Faceplanted

Take your time and go slow. I will bet money you Mis understand your job classification and will be gone Jan 15 as you are most likely seasonal

Evaderman

This week has gotten better each day. I'm getting used to the area and setting the stops up better in the truck which is making a world of difference. Thanks everyone

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Three days? My first day was so terrible they sent me out with a PT sup for almost the next week.
week-in-review-taylor-swift-gifs-pretty-little-liars.gif
lol

Holydriver

Well, my first 3 days driving on my own have kind of sucked lol.

Been driving like a clean up route, so it's air plus 3 stops that all have to be done by noon (one of which has a minimum of 80 packages, including at least 8 sets of tires each day) and then all the left over stuff that the other drivers kick down the line.

Biggest problem seems to be that all the stuff for the place with the 80 packages/tires gets loaded in the truck first and then everything else just gets thrown in after it, in no particular order...then I have to unload most of it so I can get to the tires.

It's been pretty frustrating as they keep getting on me to "set your truck up in order of the stops". That's hard to do when you don't know the area yet and everything has been packed in a way that I have to pull it all out in order to get at the before noon stuff.

Going to go in earlier tomorrow morning in hopes of getting the truck a little better organized and to attempt to plan my route a little better (even though I still don't know the area very well)
tell your dispatch guy where you want the 80 piece bulk stop loaded in the truck to make it easier. problem solved. i gotta ask though, how much of an area do you have to know in order to deliver air stops (what, 15 tops?) plus 3 other deliveries?

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
tell your dispatch guy where you want the 80 piece bulk stop loaded in the truck to make it easier. problem solved. i gotta ask though, how much of an area do you have to know in order to deliver air stops (what, 15 tops?) plus 3 other deliveries?
1. Most dispatch guys are worthless like talking to a wall and dont get what they need to get done. 2. If your out in the country with committ times it could be alot of area knowledge you need to know.

Holydriver

1. Most dispatch guys are worthless like talking to a wall and dont get what they need to get done. 2. If your out in the country with committ times it could be alot of area knowledge you need to know.
yea i need to pretty much blow my dispatcher in order to get things done. good thing i have some calloused knees....

even if hes in the country, there cannot be too many airs being delivered by noon, right? i cannot imagine its too much area to cover, especially during peak when all delivery areas are condensed.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
yea i need to pretty much blow my dispatcher in order to get things done. good thing i have some calloused knees....

even if hes in the country, there cannot be too many airs being delivered by noon, right? i cannot imagine its too much area to cover, especially during peak when all delivery areas are condensed.
Trust me dude, we got guys that are riding like an hour to get to their delivery areas and thats after getting out of there at like 10am. Youd be surprised in the country dude, lots of guys still getting smashed for the 1st hour after they get to their delivery areas and just running airs for the 1st hour. Dispatch people are absolutely worthless lol.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

Try 10:30 with airs at the farthest end of your route (50 miles on one I used to have).

Holydriver

Trust me dude, we got guys that are riding like an hour to get to their delivery areas and thats after getting out of there at like 10am. Youd be surprised in the country dude, lots of guys still getting smashed for the 1st hour after they get to their delivery areas and just running airs for the 1st hour. Dispatch people are absolutely worthless lol.
i know country thats for sure.
Salute, good sir...

this is what i was listening to when i made this account. figured it would work out quite nicely. but i assume others assume im just the religious type

Brown_Star

Methods Man
Well, my first 3 days driving on my own have kind of sucked lol.

Been driving like a clean up route, so it's air plus 3 stops that all have to be done by noon (one of which has a minimum of 80 packages, including at least 8 sets of tires each day) and then all the left over stuff that the other drivers kick down the line.

Biggest problem seems to be that all the stuff for the place with the 80 packages/tires gets loaded in the truck first and then everything else just gets thrown in after it, in no particular order...then I have to unload most of it so I can get to the tires.

It's been pretty frustrating as they keep getting on me to "set your truck up in order of the stops". That's hard to do when you don't know the area yet and everything has been packed in a way that I have to pull it all out in order to get at the before noon stuff.

Going to go in earlier tomorrow morning in hopes of getting the truck a little better organized and to attempt to plan my route a little better (even though I still don't know the area very well)

Call for help....

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
i know country thats for sure.

this is what i was listening to when i made this account. figured it would work out quite nicely. but i assume others assume im just the religious type
I like it dude, it was your idea not some run of the mill name that somebody just thinks of in a second and rolls with it lol.