First Aid Kits

bigbrownhen

I carry a back pack with all needed supplies of my own. Along with maps and extra pens and such. Im never very far from my backpack, so its just quicker to use my own stuff, and its better quality.

upssup

Wow, it was still attached to the wall? I am surprised the part timers haven't pulled it out of the wall yet like happens to anything else that is put out to be "self administered"

deepsouthmamaw

Dear Mr. UPS Socks,
I hope you are correct 100% of the time. I've been at ups 29 1/2 years and have seen ups (hang out to dry) fire sups and mgrs for not being 100% correct. Makeing a mistake can be fatel also.

UPSSOCKS

Dear Mr. UPS Socks,
I hope you are correct 100% of the time. I've been at ups 29 1/2 years and have seen ups (hang out to dry) fire sups and mgrs for not being 100% correct. Makeing a mistake can be fatel also.

I am the more intelligent than any of you, and some would consider me a genius. I have never made a mistake and I have never been wrong. I will be shredding up an old pair of my BVD's and mailing pieces of the cloth to members of the BC community. You will all have the opportunity to touch a piece of cloth that once covered my holy body.....

PM me your address if you would like to own a piece of my BVD's.

YOU'RE WELCOME....

UPSSOCKS

Dear Mr. UPS Socks,

29 1/2 YEARS!!!!!!!! What was the transition like from the horse and buggy to gas powered vehicles....

Any of these 3 sups have an M.D? Only you can decide if you need medical treatment after receiving an on the job injury. They talked you out of it so their numbers looked good, thats it THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU, ME or ANYONE else!

Red,
You're probably right about this and having the numbers look good and I agree completely. But let's take this a little bit further and see what a vicious circle this. Why do the the numbers have to look good? Because everything eventually gets totaled up at corporate. Why is corporate interested. Because OSHA is and will fine UPS if there is problems. OSHA is funded by the fines they collect. The more they collect, the bigger their salaries. They do not have your interests at heart. You are nothing but a tool for them to attain their financial goals. But why did OSHA become involved? Some Teamster made a big deal about it (maybe rightfully so). That is why we have Keter Audits which we so hate. We actually facilitated this in the mid 90's. Some circle huh! Looks like we may be our own worst enemy.

mva1985

It took my full time supervisor, the building supervisor and the safety manager to conclude i did not need to go to the "clinic" and a injury report was not filed, the injury was located on my knuckle and probably should have been stitched just because i had a similar cut on my other hand some time ago and it would not stay closed but i did not want to push the issue since i might have still been on probation so i just wore a finger splint for about two weeks . Not sure who the auditor is ill have to take a closer look at the signature that's on the first aid kit. The part i find funny is that last week we had a safety audit and ill put money that he walked by the first aid kit at least 5 times without opening it haha

as others have already stated YOU make the decision when you need to see a doctor not management. all they did was talk you out of it to keep their injury numbers misrepresented.