First Car

rod

Retired 22 years
1954 Chevy when I was 16. I had a lot of fun with that car and also got into a lot of trouble. Mine was black & white with fender skirts but no continental kit.

oldngray

nowhere special
1966 Chevy Biscayne. Like this but uglier.
3451776656_8834a8dda0_z.jpg

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
A beautiful 1996 Jeep Cherokee. I was planning on restoring it and doing all kinds of nice stuff to it until it rolled. I've considered repainting my Harley or getting a new Challenger done in the same paint code.
beauty - Copy (800x600).jpg

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Had a pos Plymouth satellite I bought when I was 14, but this was my first car I bought when I turned 16.
77 olds cutlass supreme broughm. T tops leaked like a sieve, but other than that, a great car.
image.jpg

VonDutch

Bite your tongue, Missy
Wasn't 1980 the last year for the friend body?

1981 was the last year of the second generation friend body. The smaller 3rd gen cars arrived in 82.

My first car was 84 Plymouth Horizon. About as stylish as a brick but it ran pretty good.

Rainman

Its all good.
65 Ford Maverick. 6 cylinder, most of the time it ran on 5. When I sold it I upgraded to a Pinto.

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
65 Ford Maverick. 6 cylinder, most of the time it ran on 5. When I sold it I upgraded to a Pinto.

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.
?? Maverick came out as a 1970 model. I had a 74 2door with the 200 six and automatic. It wasn't cool, but you never saw me broke down. 25 mpg on the highway. My skills made it a lot better than what it could have been.

oldngray

nowhere special
?? Maverick came out as a 1970 model. I had a 74 2door with the 200 six and automatic. It wasn't cool, but you never saw me broke down. 25 mpg on the highway. My skills made it a lot better than what it could have been.

My dad had a 72 Maverick with the six and three on a tree. Not a bad looking car but basically a piece of junk.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
My dad had a 72 Maverick with the six and three on a tree. Not a bad looking car but basically a piece of junk.
I wasn't impressed with the front suspension that was completely shot at 70k. Noisy too, with flat rear springs. Some helpers for a half ton helped a lot.