First Car

oldngray

nowhere special
87 Pontiac Fiero v6 loved that car thought of picking one up a couple of years ago but came around to my senses

The V6 was the only halfway decent Fiero. The 4 cylinders were nothing but trouble. My sister had a 4 and the transmission went out - just like in every other Fiero.

Rainman

Its all good.
?? Maverick came out as a 1970 model. I had a 74 2door with the 200 six and automatic. It wasn't cool, but you never saw me broke down. 25 mpg on the highway. My skills made it a lot better than what it could have been.
Been so long since I dumped that piece of junk I forgot what year it was. My mistake. Still font remember what year it was though. Just glad to see it gone.

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.

image.jpg
1978 impala. I gave it to my uncle tommy because I got an 85 Chevy Cavalier. He gave it away for crack cocaine a couple months later. He s a piece of crap.

brown bomber

brown bomber
1966 Buick Wagon...I believe it was a Vista Cruiser. My brother and I bought it from my parents around 1973. The first thing we did was to have it repainted at Earl Schieb, then we gutted the sound system and put in "Mind Blower" speakers

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
View attachment 16169 1978 impala. I gave it to my uncle tommy because I got an 85 Chevy Cavalier. He gave it away for crack cocaine a couple months later. He s a piece of crap.

Eighteen years ago, we bought a '79 Impala for 200 bucks from my step-dads mother for my younger son.

If I remember, it had like 20k on the odometer.

He wishes to this day that he had kept it and saved all he has spent on other cars.

(It was even that shade of blue!)

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I thought it was a 235cc 6 banger. I split the exhaust manifold an had true dual exhaut. It had a unique sound all of its own.
Fenton headers?
235 was an upgrade that could be installed from a pickup was my understanding. The old stovebolt sixes. Things were huge compared to later sixes. GMC sixes I think were the hot ticket before the smallblock came along.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I remember Earl Schieb when it was $29.95 !! "I'm Earl Scheib, and I'll paint any car, any color for $29.95. No ups, no extras."
It ceased operations nationwide on July 16, 2010.

I also paid $.15 for a hamburger at McDonalds.

My mom,had a blinding bright orange Wolkswagon Rabbit.

Got the paint job special,didnt look too bad.

But when she traded the car in. I took off the license plate,you guessed it. bright orange!..lol

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
My mom,had a blinding bright orange Wolkswagon Rabbit.

Got the paint job special,didnt look too bad.

But when she traded the car in. I took off the license plate,you guessed it. bright orange!..lol
Lol my dad had a old VW Rabbit too..smilet colored brown...lol. He taught me how to drive stick on that POS when I was 12.

raceanoncr

is this the same one you are redoing in your avatar?

Yep. Had it since....'65, I think.

Had 265, 2-bl, 3-sp, radio delete, one sunvisor, no carpet, no arm rests. Then 4-bl, Hurst Mystery 3-sp shifter, then duals and "scavenger" pipes. Then 350, 4-sp, Edelbrock Torker, Holley. On and on.

Drove for yrs on street. Started to race at track. Won a few. Blew piston, tore apart and decided to go whole hog. Full cage, tubed, glass front end, the works. Have 355 ready with built Turbo 400 and Weiand 6-71 and 454 waiting for when the 355 blows. And here I sit. Just needs plumbing, elec to get going but I'm having too much fun being retired to get serious.

rod

Retired 22 years
Yep. Had it since....'65, I think.

Had 265, 2-bl, 3-sp, radio delete, one sunvisor, no carpet, no arm rests. Then 4-bl, Hurst Mystery 3-sp shifter, then duals and "scavenger" pipes. Then 350, 4-sp, Edelbrock Torker, Holley. On and on.

Drove for yrs on street. Started to race at track. Won a few. Blew piston, tore apart and decided to go whole hog. Full cage, tubed, glass front end, the works. Have 355 ready with built Turbo 400 and Weiand 6-71 and 454 waiting for when the 355 blows. And here I sit. Just needs plumbing, elec to get going but I'm having too much fun being retired to get serious.

looks like a great winter project if you have a heated garage