First day back from Vacation

By The Book

That would make them short handed for that week.
In this case they would have time to bid the week before July 4th. This seems to be a gray area, with disability falling on previously selected vacation weeks when there's a long term disability. I think the driver on long term disability should have the opportunity to take their vacation when they come back to work. They would choose weeks that weren't closed.

In this case they would have time to bid the week before July 4th. This seems to be a gray area, with disability falling on previously selected vacation weeks when there's a long term disability. I think the driver on long term disability should have the opportunity to take their vacation when they come back to work. They would choose weeks that weren't closed.
That would make extra work in managements part. They would never go for it.

ChrisTheBrown

Attachments

• 1465265037500.jpg
    1465265037500.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 117

By The Book

That would make extra work in managements part. They would never go for it.
They(management) are to allow so many off per week. If the driver isn't going to burn vacation while on disability, then that opens it up for another driver to be off that week. I only pressed this issue when another driver found out and wanted that week. The boss did post something covering switched vacations after that. Your right though, they're not going to come to me when they know this.

They(management) are to allow so many off per week. If the driver isn't going to burn vacation while on disability, then that opens it up for another driver to be off that week. I only pressed this issue when another driver found out and wanted that week. The boss did post something covering switched vacations after that. Your right though, they're not going to come to me when they know this.
Exactly .
Stick around for a few years, you will get some better picks.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Would you give up your more desirable vacations that you mentioned so a junior driver can have that week.... Since you won't be back before the July 4th week? We have senior drivers that get asked this question in a very similar situation as yourself.

I'm actually scheduled to RTW the Monday of my vacation but instead I will be on vacation. So that being the fact, I am actually taking my scheduled vacation as I bid it.

And it couldn't have been that desirable of a vacation week when I picked 31st and there was still two openings left for the week before July 4th. Plus, it took me a long time to get my more desirable weeks. 23 years so far.

You sound as bad as the younger drivers who cry that when vacation bids come up that everyone should go through and pick one week and then once everyone has picked one week, go back to the top and let everyone pick the remainder of their vacations. That way EVERYONE gets a chance to have a summer week.
Yeahhhhhh.........I don't think sooooooo....

I'm actually scheduled to RTW the Monday of my vacation but instead I will be on vacation. So that being the fact, I am actually taking my scheduled vacation as I bid it.

And it couldn't have been that desirable of a vacation week when I picked 31st and there was still two openings left for the week before July 4th. Plus, it took me a long time to get my more desirable weeks. 23 years so far.

You sound as bad as the younger drivers who cry that when vacation bids come up that everyone should go through and pick one week and then once everyone has picked one week, go back to the top and let everyone pick the remainder of their vacations. That way EVERYONE gets a chance to have a summer week.
Yeahhhhhh.........I don't think sooooooo....
I had a few February and March vacations...not my choice.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Try taking two in a row , when you.get that 6th week.

that's a possibility but probably only if I am going somewhere one of those weeks. For some reason I feel like I need a week off to recover from my vacations sometimes. The point of vacations is to rest and relax but somehow it always seems to be go go go.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I spread mine out so it's not like I'm taking all prime weeks.
my birthday in March, May, June/July, August, Halloween week in October. When I get my 6th week I will probably throw it in January for a break after peak.

Yep.

As soon as I could, I did the week of our anniversary in May, a couple weeks in July, the end of August and the end of October and the first week in January.

Did I upset some lower seniority guys? Yes, until I explained to them how long it took before I could pick those weeks.