First day back from Vacation

By The Book

I'm actually scheduled to RTW the Monday of my vacation but instead I will be on vacation. So that being the fact, I am actually taking my scheduled vacation as I bid it.

And it couldn't have been that desirable of a vacation week when I picked 31st and there was still two openings left for the week before July 4th. Plus, it took me a long time to get my more desirable weeks. 23 years so far.

You sound as bad as the younger drivers who cry that when vacation bids come up that everyone should go through and pick one week and then once everyone has picked one week, go back to the top and let everyone pick the remainder of their vacations. That way EVERYONE gets a chance to have a summer week.
Yeahhhhhh.........I don't think sooooooo....
I'm glad you won't be out that long....and I wasn't trying to make you feel bad for picking your weeks and taking them. No, my thought process is like yours as in we had to wait our turn to get those weeks and so should the lower seniority drivers. I only brought up my thoughts as it ties to a disability situation. Your you sound as bad statement shows me you missed my point. That's Daves idea if I remember correctly.

I spread mine out so it's not like I'm taking all prime weeks.
my birthday in March, May, June/July, August, Halloween week in October. When I get my 6th week I will probably throw it in January for a break after peak.
When do you get your 6th week? We get it at 20 years.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I would love to see the selection process changed to be more fair to the lower seniority drivers. Everyone starts by choosing two weeks. Everyone left chooses two more weeks. Those left choose their remaining weeks.

I would love to see the selection process changed to be more fair to the lower seniority drivers. Everyone starts by choosing two weeks. Everyone left chooses two more weeks. Those left choose their remaining weeks.
At the very least all additional weeks (carried over weeks) be picked last.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Do you get sick days? In some locals there are no sick days and instead you get an option week. It can be used as an extra vacation week or you can take extra pay instead. So at 25 years you get 6+1 weeks of vacation (which is the max).

We max out vacations at 6 weeks. But we get 5 sick days and 5 personal/option days. So a total of 8 weeks.
During vacations, after everyone has picked, you can opt to use sick/option days as a combo week and take a week off during one of the weeks are not filled during the regular vacation bid.

oldngray

nowhere special
We max out vacations at 6 weeks. But we get 5 sick days and 5 personal/option days. So a total of 8 weeks.
During vacations, after everyone has picked, you can opt to use sick/option days as a combo week and take a week off during one of the weeks are not filled during the regular vacation bid.

6 weeks plus 1 option week plus 2 personal days was what I had.