First Day Driving...Still Pre-Loading

ChicagosPrimeMinister

What rhmyes with UPS?
I've been a pre-loader at my center for about 2 years now and just finished class to start driving last Friday. The woman at HR told me that I would start right after labor weekend, even though i asked her do I go back to pre-loading and she said no. So anyway I showed up today at my center and they told me I wouldn't start for about 2 weeks or maybe later but I should still go back to pre-loading. I called the lady at HR and she told me the same thing.

My question is am I still classified as a driver or since I'm back pre-loading am I getting paid as a pre-loader?

Kinda pissed they told me one thing and did different but then again it is UPS so yeah.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I've been a pre-loader at my center for about 2 years now and just finished class to start driving last Friday. The woman at HR told me that I would start right after labor weekend, even though i asked her do I go back to pre-loading and she said no. So anyway I showed up today at my center and they told me I wouldn't start for about 2 weeks or maybe later but I should still go back to pre-loading. I called the lady at HR and she told me the same thing.

My question is am I still classified as a driver or since I'm back pre-loading am I getting paid as a pre-loader?

Kinda pissed they told me one thing and did different but then again it is UPS so yeah.
Paid at preload rate. Tell you one thing...do another....remember where we work!

man the more and more I read, its getting me upset. That really sucks for him to be put as a seasonal like that. How do you guys keep it together with all these promises that end up no where?

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Congratulations and good luck! I hope you get a good on-road supe for training.

Double check with a package car steward or your BA about getting your 40 days in. With the current shortage of drivers and past practice, there shouldn't be a problem making FT seniority as long as you do good out there.

ChicagosPrimeMinister

What rhmyes with UPS?
They told me in class when we were stating positions that I was FT perm and other guys that were applying for my center were seasonal, so that's what I went off of. The cut off time for seasonal was last week Friday or this week Friday.

ChicagosPrimeMinister

What rhmyes with UPS?
Congratulations and good luck! I hope you get a good on-road supe for training.

Double check with a package car steward or your BA about getting your 40 days in. With the current shortage of drivers and past practice, there shouldn't be a problem making FT seniority as long as you do good out there.
Thanks and I know all the supes in there so I shouldnt have a problem. Plus I learned from some of the best drivers in there so I hope my 40 will be somewhat of a breeze

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Thanks and I know all the supes in there so I shouldnt have a problem. Plus I learned from some of the best drivers in there so I hope my 40 will be somewhat of a breeze
When does Xmas seasonal period start? There's a good chance that you won't get your time in before then.

This is why I hate summer seasonal period.

Go Brown Or Go Home!

Had the same issue. Promises promised. Had class in July said I would start driving Aug 11 then the 25 then the 5th of September THEN oh not sure when your gonna start. Finally I just said the hell with it when it happens it happens THATS of course when I got called. Started last week drove with a sup for 2 days off the rest if the week. This week back to preload and supposedly go drive next week when the on cars get back from vacation. Grrrrrrrrrr

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
images-1.jpeg

Patience young padawan. You will be on here soon enough complaining about how long your day is as a driver.