First FOX news GOP debate is a "hit piece" on Trump, Christie, Carson...

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I am not a fan of Megyn Kelly's political leanings, but the one area she has consistently broken with the
Republicans is on women's issues (mostly). I was seriously speechless with how Trump answered her question. I mean, I know the guy has no common sense, but how the hell did he think that that response was going to go over? I have no idea which candidate Kelly wants to vote for, but I sure and the hell know it's not Trump after watching that train wreck of an answer.

The Trump train has derailed, and is headed straight for a nuclear waste facility. And the train is on fire, and loaded with TNT.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The Trump train has derailed, and is headed straight for a nuclear waste facility. And the train is on fire, and loaded with TNT.
I wouldn't be so sure. Time and Drudge polling after the debate showed Trump as the winner.
I watched the debate in it's entirety. Trump looked like a complete idiot, but it doesn't matter when idiots are your audience.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I wouldn't be so sure. Time and Drudge polling after the debate showed Trump as the winner.
I watched the debate in it's entirety. Trump looked like a complete idiot, but it doesn't matter when idiots are your audience.

Do we have enough idiots to get him nominated? God, I hope so. Imagine, a candidate dumber than Dubya with zero filter. Perfect.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Do we have enough idiots to get him nominated? God, I hope so. Imagine, a candidate dumber than Dubya with zero filter. Perfect.
Speaking of Bushes.....
From my perspective, Jeb was the only one running for president, I was impressed by his performance. Everyone else was running for the nomination.

Pandering to the base voters in Iowa and South Carolina might be a springboard to the nomination, but it could also bite the GOP in the ass when it comes to the general election.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Speaking of Bushes.....
From my perspective, Jeb was the only one running for president, I was impressed by his performance. Everyone else was running for the nomination.

Pandering to the base voters in Iowa and South Carolina might be a springboard to the nomination, but it could also bite the GOP in the ass when it comes to the general election.
Jeb has NO chance.

realbrown1

How so?

The Drudge Report poll says that Trump won the debate......by a WIDE margin.

Oh yes, Trump has derailed.......in liberal Democrat dreams maybe......but in the REAL world, he's number one in all the polls........by an ever widening number.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
How so?

Oh yes, Trump has derailed......in liberal Democrat dreams maybe......but in the REAL world, he's number one in all the polls........by an ever widening number.
You're kidding right? The democrats want nothing more than for Trump to win the nomination.
Jeb has NO chance.
I'm sure Hillary hopes you're right.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
This is the dilemma that Trump now faces. He originally thought Fox worked for him. he was on all the time, he was helping them get higher ratings, and they seemed to love him. But then a few things happened.

First, Fox's promotion of Trump worked too well. He went from making the Republican primary more interesting to follow — and thus better for ratings — to dominating the Republican primary and potentially harming the ideological movement that Fox supports. Murdoch's public opposition to Trump was a signal that the network wasn't likely to tolerate Trump actually becoming the Republican nominee.

Second, Trump had spent much of his time in the hackier corners of the network — outposts of conservative inanity like Fox and Friends. But the debate was led by Fox's more serious personalities. Baier, Kelly, and Wallace want to be known as some of the toughest questioners in news business — and Trump was a chance to prove their journalistic bona fides to the world. So where other Fox personalities wanted to treat Trump well in the hopes he would come back on their shows, Baier, Kelly, and Wallace wanted to embarrass Trump.

Finally, Fox News's incentives had switched. Early in the campaign, the way to get bigger ratings was to build Trump up. But now the whole country was tuning in, and what most people wanted to see was Trump torn down — or at least the fight that would result if Fox News tried to tear Trump down. And that's what they got. It was extraordinary television, and it led Fox to the highest ratings for any cable news program ever broadcast. Fox figured out how to profit off Trump coming and going, and, better yet, they got to decide when Trump was coming and when Trump was going.

Now Trump and Fox News are at war. And, as Nate Silver writes, this is a war Trump probably can't win.

click

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
How so?

Oh yes, Trump has derailed.......in liberal Democrat dreams maybe......but in the REAL world, he's number one in all the polls........by an ever widening number.

Ya, Trumps winning alright. First, he gets hacked by FOX NEWS, second, he derails against Megyn Kelly, who was PAID to butcher him and get him to react., Third, he gets kicked out of the GOP convention in Atlanta and called a lunatic, Fourth, his campaign manager quits/gets fired depending on who you believe and finally, on monday morning, the new polls from thursday to sunday morning will be released, and we will see Trumps numbers down into the teens.

I dont think you have this all figured out yet.

TOS.

Last edited by a moderator:

realbrown1

You're kidding right? The democrats want nothing more than for Trump to win the nomination.

I'm sure Hillary hopes you're right.
The Democrats have no clue.

The one winning now, will be beaten by someone not even in the race yet.

Hillary's numbers are dropping daily, with virtually no real opposition yet.

And Jeb will be out around the 10th primary, not having won any of them.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
How so?

The Drudge Report, huh? There's some unbiased journalism. You and I almost always disagree, but I honestly hope you're right about Trump. He is a Liberal wet dream, and I hope his popularity soars.

Why? He's unelectable because most voters either dislike him intensely or realize he is a sideshow freak who would embarrass the US on the world stage. Hell, I am embarrassed for him. Between the hair, the outrageous statements, his claiming ownership of fellow politicians...it just keeps getting more intense.

The lunatic fringe loves him, and it troubles me that there are so many of them. But there will never be a President Trump. He is the best thing that could ever happen for Hillary and Democrats.

Go, Sideshow Don!!

Last edited:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Speaking of Bushes.....

While I agree that he was very presidential, he has also made some major gaffes so far, and seems to have his brother's gift for being ineffective in front of the camera. If someone put a gun to my head and forced me to vote GOP, I would be for Jeb.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
While I agree that he was very presidential, he has also made some major gaffes so far, and seems to have his brother's gift for being ineffective in front of the camera. If someone put a gun to my head and forced me to vote GOP, I would be for Jeb.
His performance in the debate was a world apart from the bumbling his brother is known for. He clearly spent a lot of time preparing. From what I saw he was the only candidate on stage that had widespread elect-ability.

These nutjobs that want to deport all undocumented immigrants and force raped women and those who would die in childbirth to carry pregnancies to term might win a South Carolina primary, but they can't win the nation. The war mongering rhetoric I heard Thursday night, especially in the lower tier debate, was the dumbest display of dick measuring I've seen in a while. If the GOP thinks Americans have forgotten the failures of Iraq and Afghanistan so quickly then they're dumber than I thought.